Floor plan image not correctly sized

Hi,

I have an issue with the image I’m using for my floor plan in Lovelace - even though its resolution is less than the area that is shown on my screen, a part of it needs scrolling down in order to be seen. Is it an aspect ratio thing? How can I make it be visible in its entirety?

This is in the web view on my PC, but also on Android if I switch to landscape…on Android portrait it shows a nice miniature version of the card, fitted to the phone width, which is fine.

FYI, I’m using the picture-elements type of card for the floor plan.

Thanks in advance for any ideas :slight_smile:

Anyone? Are your floor plan cards correctly sized to your screen?

I assume you’re using a view with panel: true. In that case the picture-elements card will be stretched to take the full width of the viewport. The aspect ratio will allways be the same as the input image, and thus the height is automatically adjusted. So either you need to use an image with different aspect ratio or you need to make the card less wide (e.g. by putting it in a horizontal-stack).

1 Like

I see, that makes a lot of sense, will check out stacking, because I can’t really change the aspect ratio of my apartment, I designed it to scale like in real life. Thanks!

You could just add some margins to the sides of the image…

Good point, it’s letterboxing time :smiley: