Floorplan for Home Assistant

@bbrendon The other thread is starting to get some video examples:

I believe @CCOSTAN is planning on putting together a video soon, to show the floorplan in action using an Amazon Fire tablet.

2 Likes

@boneless It looks like the JavaScript files cannot be retrieved by your web browser. Did you create the directory structure for the floorplan?

It depends on your platform / installation, but mine is like this:

/home/pi/.homeassistant/www/custom_ui/floorplan

Can you paste a screenshot of your directory structure?

Certainly! Thank you

Edit 4: Got it solved :). Thank you for your help and great piece of code :slight_smile:

Edit: I noticed the lib folder was missing, so I added this as well, but still no luck.

Edit 2: Seems I was missing the panel-custom as well, still no luck tho. I now get an error:

The following components and platforms could not be set up:
panel-custom
Please check your config

Edit 3: Okay, kinda got this working. But isn’t looking right. If I add a group with the binary sensor, on its own tab, it looks like this (when I hit the circle, the SVG actually shows up:

If I add a group, to that group. It looks like this.

My configs are here. Been playing around with spacing a bit trying to resolve…

1 Like

@pkozul I am pretty sure that’s what I did to test it, but again I was only messing with it for an hour or so over the weekend. I’ll have more time to mess with it within a week or so. Feel free to ignore my ineptitude til then :slight_smile:

mmm. new issue now. thanks for being patient with me…

I added a light and temperature sensor, but it is not dynamic. just shows the text, and nothing happens to the circle when I turn the light on.

Config here.

Thanks so much! :blush:

A short question. I would like to show the status of an object (e.g. if the light bulb is on or off) by changing the color of an the icon. However, I would also like to display some text nearby with the brightness level (an attribute). How do I link one entity ID to two objects? Thanks.

One option is to create a new template sensor/entity id in HASS and link the new sensor to the SVG text. However, I don’t want a clutter in the entity list.

No video as far as I know. maybe a job for the BRUH :wink:

I used this and took my time

(scroll down a bit to see the tutorial)

The SVG drawing using Inkscape was the thing that took the time as I had not even heard of it before now - quite easy to pick up the basics once youve played for a little bit

1 Like

Looking at your config, might be that your indentation is out of whack.

sensor.sn1_temperature

You might have some extra spaces in the above entry.

Thanks for the reply!

You mean in the floorplan.yaml?

Everything else seems to be working, except for showing values on the floorplan.

Anyway, I got it to work now :), somehow my GitHub changes we’re not being pulled with my script.
Thanks for the help!

1 Like

I just picked up a Fire HD 8 to use as a floorplan interface unit. Any tips on how to make it full screen? I can’t seem to get rid of the top bar/tab from the browser (in both chrome and Silk). I can’t find the “add to homescreen” option in chrome like this page describes (https://home-assistant.io/docs/frontend/mobile/)

I would recommend downloading ‘Fully Kiosk browser’ and using that. It is free if you want the screen to stay on at all times (until manually turned off with top button) and ~$6 if you want the screen to turn on automatically with movement using camera (Pro license) or you could use WallPanel

2 Likes

Hi there. This is a good suggestion and will be easy to implement. Will touch base again in the next day or two and hopefully have a solution ready.

Thanks, Fully Kiosk Browser did the trick.

FYI, you can set never-sleep for free by getting into developer mode (hit your serial # 5 times) and then there is a new setting menu with this option.

Thanks. Glad to know you like the idea.
I was lazy and I didn’t check you code before asking. I only gave an example, but this option should be useful in many cases were a sensor (an entity id) has several interesting attributes (e.g. thermostats/climate, devices with batteries, light bulbs, media players, diverse sensors etc).
Displaying one image plus one or several attributes/state as text (or no image and just a few attributes coming from the same entity id) should be interesting.

It isn’t too nice to rely on templating tricks to extract the attribute value for this.
Cheers.

Any idea why I only get a spinning loading cirlce on my tablet devices? In wallpanel as well as Fully Kiosk browser. Works fine in chrome tho on the same device.

~Cheers

What device and OS version? My Galaxy Tab 4 7" (Android 4.4.2) wouldn’t load floorplan with Fully Kiosk Browser, but it works fine in Chrome and Wallpanel (which I’m currently using).

Android 6 on an old Nexus 7 (2012)

~Cheers

Hello again :slight_smile:

Is is possible to connect multiple symbols/lights to one switch?
I guess it would be possible just to make some dummy entities in HA, but would be nice to do this without having to do that.

Edit: Solved. Use generic names for the symbols, group them and add the entity name to that group. Should’ve tried before asking here… Thanks tho!

2 Likes

I’ve got a similar scenario where I need to group multiple lights because they are being controlled by one switch. When you said to create a generic name for each symbol; do you mean ‘id’.

yes sir :slight_smile: