Floorplan for Home Assistant

ok thank you sir i’ll give that a try

Is it possible to have a camera image displayed within a square on floorplan? I’ve got it where if you click on an object on floorplan it opens up the camera image, but I’d like it just constantly displaying on the floorplan itself without needing to click.

I’ve got a weather radar image set up as a generic camera and it would be cool if it was just always visible.

Another thing (we should open a chat here :wink: )

I am trying to hide symbols when I am not home, I added this to my css file and yaml file

.visible {
  opacity: 100 !important;
}

.invisible {
  opacity: 0 !important;
}

- name: Devices
  entities:
     - device_tracker.tonsiphone
     - device_tracker.jeanniesiphone
  states:
    - state: 'home'
      class: 'visible'
    - state: 'not-home'
      class: 'invisible'

But it is not working… Am I doing something wrong again?

Be sure opacity AND fill-opacity isn’t specifically enabled in the SVG object. the F12 chrome tools are really helpful for things like this.

BTW: I thought about hiding the cars too but couldn’t figure out good logic since we take cars together sometimes. :frowning:

1 Like

Thanks! I will check that out! (How do I do that?)

Yeah I figured the same, but then no-one would be home to see it on screen anyway :wink: .

1 Like

You could also try using the visibility property

visibility: hidden !important;
3 Likes

Is there an automatic way for the light entities to show the actual color of the rgb lights instead of the fixed yellow. Of course besides creating css classes for each color.

To each his own. Not with the current configuration. You could have some Python code rewriting/updating the CSS class (file) with the current color. It shouldn’t be so difficult. However, does it matter to have such detail on a floor plan? Personally, I don’t see the benefits.

This is not a huge benefit. But having the floorplan in sync with homeassistant frontend is just logical. This behaviour was one of the pluses of home assistant for me. For instance homekit also only shows light bulbs as yellow irrelevant of their colors. You have to long press the icon and go to details etc. It’s a nice to have feature to be able to see bulb color directly from the icon.

1 Like

Would it be possible to create a template action function?

I was thinking about using an input_boolean attached to a button in floorplan, called Dimming.
Then when this is active, a push on the lights would open the box, with the possibility to change the brightness.
When to input_boolean is off it should just toggle the light?

Or does anyone have a better solution for easy controlling the lights?

I like that :slight_smile: . I had a typo in my yaml (- iso _ :frowning: )

Works great now:

4 Likes

Is there a way to “toggle” covers from within floorplan? Covers don’t have a toggle action - they only have ‘close-cover’ and ‘open-cover’.

will floorplan work if home assistant is installed on windows 10?

Has anybody else lost the on-hover effect for entities? I can’t for the life of me figure out why they stopped working

someone, please help me I get below error

config

binary_sensor: !include binary_sensor.yaml
panel_custom: !include panel_custom.yaml

customize

binary_sensor.floorplan:
  custom_ui_state_card: floorplan
  config: !include floorplan.yaml

group

Floorplan:
  view: yes
  name: Floorplan
  entities:
    - binary_sensor.floorplan

binary_sensor

- platform: mqtt
    state_topic: dummy/floorplan/sensor

panel_custom

- name: floorplan
    sidebar_title: Floorplan
    sidebar_icon: mdi:home
    url_path: C:/Users/mohammed/AppData/Roaming/.homeassistant/panels/floorplan.html
    config: !include floorplan.yaml

floorplan

image: C:/Users/mohammed/AppData/Roaming/.homeassistant/www/custom_ui/floorplan/floorplan.svg
      stylesheet: C:/Users/mohammed/AppData/Roaming/.homeassistant/www/custom_ui/floorplan/floorplan.css

# These options are optional
      # warnings:                  # enable warnings (to find out why things might not be working correctly)
      # pan_zoom:                  # enable experimental panning / zooming
      # hide_app_toolbar:          # hide the application toolbar (when used as a custom panel)
      # date_format: DD-MMM-YYYY   # Date format to use in hover-over text

# last_motion_entity: sensor.template_last_motion
     # last_motion_class: last-motion

groups:

- name: Sensors
          entities:
             -  sensor.light

- name: Switches
          entities:
             - switch.room_all_lights
          states:
            - state: 'on'
              class: 'doorbell-on'
            - state: 'off'
              class: 'doorbell-off'

EDIT

I turned on warning in floor plan config I get this warining in dashboard

Uncaught NotSupportedError: Failed to execute ‘registerElement’ on ‘Document’: Registration failed for type ‘iron-overlay-backdrop’. A type with that name is already registered.
URL: https://xxxxxxx/static/frontend-a7d4cb8260e8094342b5bd8c36c4bf5b.html
Line: 1, column: 1568

Well, I was going to troubleshoot my groups thing (figured out the issue- I managed to not download the new panel custom area of floorplan so it was running old code) but now it’s not working at all. Blew it away and started fresh and followed the instructions and got the same issue before AND after re-doing it all: floorplan never loads the SVG, it just sits and spins and generates errors in the console about jquery not being defined. Anybody got any ideas as to why this would suddenly not behave?

Edit: never mind, I’m an idiot who can’t install dependencies durr durr durr

Hello

How can I do this please? I can click on and off, but I’d like to be able to bring up the Hue “menu” do I can chose a colour, brightness etc.

Cheers
Mark

also, how do you get floorplan to load on a fire using fully kiosk browser, or any browser on a fire please? it just sits waiting to load. Everything else works…

Mine stopped working on a Fire today too. Weird
The only change I made was the animations in the css maybe I’ll revert back.

Could you please report back if that has anything to do with it?

~Cheers