Floorplan for Home Assistant

Odd I removed a few icons, like sofa etc and it works now. Added them back in, still works. Since I got the fire yesterday I now realise I need to make stuff larger as they are hard to see on the small screen :slight_smile:

1 Like

OK me again. I have a fire 7in now and used the kiosk browser but I always have a white bar at the bottom of the screen. I have set the screen size in inkscape the same as the fire 1024x600. Actually even if I open in chrome on my laptop, the white bar is still there. I filled in a large black box to show what I mean. I can never get it full screen for some reason. Am I doing something wrong please?
I am using it as a custom panel

In your panel in $configDirectory/floorplan.html exchange the line

height: calc(100% - 64px);

with

height: 100%;

Note: I think that was added for the toolbar.

~Cheers

Edit: Added note

1 Like

thanks… I have a ha-floorplan.html but it doesn’t have that line in it?
Am I being a fool and missing something simple?

Cheers
Mark

That is the wrong one. You should have another .html file in the subfolder “panels” in your main configuration folder. NOT the one in www/custom-ui/ etc…

~Cheers

you are a genius, thank you so much, this has been doing my head in :smiley:

but does the philips hue colours work with it? that is the big question :slight_smile:

Short answer is no I don’t think it had anything to do with it.

The long answer is that I swapped out css files and it still wasnt working. Went to my PC to troubleshoot the problem (which had been working) but after I cleared the cache that stopped working too :tired_face:

Then I remembered I had copied over the newest files from pkozul on Saturday when I started doing some animations (doors opening, fan spinning etc) and I guess I forgot to re-edit the ha-floorplan.html file.

This dates back to when I first got floorplan working, and pkozul was helping me troubleshoot my spinning circle for quite a bit (thanks again!) I kept getting 404 errors and it couldnt find the files in the lib folder. I don’t know if I copied them over wrong or what but the fix was to change the ha-floorplan file links to .txt

See below:

I never brought this up in this thread because it seems like an issue exclusive to me but if you are getting 404 errors on those files and you know they are there, maybe try that.

Edit: Should mention everything is working again (on computer and on the fire tablet)

Thanks for your answer. But it’s working fine for me on the PC but the tablets are having trouble :confused:

~Cheers

and you have cleared cache on all devices?

Sure did just checked again. It works fine in Chrome on the device. Just not in the Wallpanel / Fully app.

~Cheers

are you getting any errors in chrome dev tools that might contribute, even if its still working in chrome?

Sadly not. I’m at a loss here. But I might have found another issue which I may try to fix in a pull request later today. I access my HA without the specified URL at home (to not have to enter the password) which in I think broke the includes. But even with my domain name it does not work in Kiosk / Fully but in Chrome it does. Will try out removing stuff in the CSS and report back.

~Cheers

Just a crazy thought and I may have missed it earlier in the thread but in the Wallpanel app, can you select the Chrome browser? I believe at the bottom of the Wallpanel config page there is an option to select browser. I recently had to change to one of the other options as some features were not displaying properly in the default.

@pkozul This is an Awesome Project! Actually one of the best project within HA I have ever seen. You bring The Marauder’s Map alive in real world~ I setup floorplan successfully. Thanks again for your work~ BTW, just a small notice. If anyone create text by clicking icon in toolbar, then Inkscape might adopt it as Flowed Text instead of Text, and the type id in .svg file turns to flowroot, which not recognized by HA-floorplan.html. To change the type, just click the text and use the menu command Text > Convert to text, then rename the ID again. Everything will be back to track.

1 Like

You can select an engine there. Sadly chrome is not one of them. I just tried my floorplan in firefox and it looks crazy in there. Layers not getting hidden and animations not working problery but w/e. Engines are only Android WebView and Crosswalk but Chrome uses Blink iirc.

Edit: Just checked again and under WebView I just get a blank screen now…with Crosswalk I get the spinning circle of death :smiley:

~Cheers

I ran into this a week or so ago and my problem turned out to be missing dependencies. I had the new ha-floorplan.html, but forgot the lib folder. :grinning:

Have you verified all your files are there? You could also back up your current floorplan and then throw all the “stock/demo” stuff in and see if it loads.

Hi all. Been out of action over the past week. My dad suffered a stroke and is now in hospital. Family first, as they say. Once things return to ‘normal’, I’ll get back into ‘floorplan mode’.

2 Likes

Sure thing! Don’t you even worry! Hope your dad gets well soon!

~Cheers

5 Likes

Need some further inspiration? Check this out…

https://garrett.pt/simulador-integracao/

3 Likes

Question,

How do you guys maintain your SVG file. Everytime I update the file in illustrator all the classes change etc.

Regards