Floorplan for Home Assistant

This is working on Mobile Safari on ipad pro 9.7 (11.0.3) and iphone 7+ (10.3.1) but not on mobile chrome. I had to uninstall and reinstall the home-assistant app to get it to work on the app.

1 Like

Hi @mdande. Is mobile Chrome displaying any error message?

@pkozul just the same Script error: See browser console for detail.

@mdande On mobile Chrome, does the floorplan fail to load as both custom panel, and custom state card? Thanks.

i just have custom panel setup. I was able to get it to work on my iphone. I am now uninstalling/reinstalling on my ipad (maybe and ios11 thing)

@mdande Have you tried clearing the cache, etc.?

yes, multiple times. The uninstall/reinstall worked. Didnt have to do that on my iphone, just the ipad on ios11.0,3

I have it now working on iOS 11.0.3, on both iPhone and iPad.
It works in the app, mobile Chrome and safari.
For that to work I had to reinstall the app, clear the cache on both browsers and restart the iPad, after that it is working great.
Thanks for fixing it!!!

@DDK Thanks for testing all for that :slight_smile:

I found it working as a custom panel on Safari in MacOS, iOS 11 and iOS 10.3 (thanks! :+1: ), not working on both as a custom state card.

The card is empty, only the “Floorplan” title, no errors in the log. Should it be working now? Maybe I am missing a configuration? Hassio 55.2 on RPi, cleared the cache and reloaded.

@namadori Did you make changes to the files as described in my earlier post?

Yes, made the changes. Instead of including frontend.html I added the content to the configuration.yaml file:

frontend:
  themes: !include themes.yaml
  extra_html_url:
    - /local/custom_ui/state-card-floorplan.html

Strange. I just tried on my Amazon Fire, using Chrome. Floorplan works as both panel and state card.

Thanks, I just needed the confirmation that it should work. Tomorrow I’ll double check again all the configuration, will update here with the findings.

I confirm it works again on Safari (mac and ios) and chrome on ios as well.

1 Like

about state-card not showing in chrome: clearing cache seems not to help… open developer tools in chrome and keep it open, then press ctrl+f5 -> it should work
maybe @balloob can tell if this is a caching problem in hass or chrome :blush:

// the problem is that you have to use dev tools all time…

1 Like

Problem solved, now it works for me too. It should have been a weird “caching” behaviour in HA/Hassio: despite a full reboot of hassio (Host OS-> Reboot) the change in the binary sensor config was not read by HA.

I made a small change in floorplan.yaml, rebooted hassio and restarted HA and now the floorplan shows correctly.

1 Like

Thanks, that did the trick for me - finally got it working in Chrome too!

1 Like

Thanks for this - I was wondering how to include the themes.
Out of interest do you know why we have frontend.html not frontend.yaml in github?

@pkozul
you can also use CSS wildcards to theme items https://www.itsupportguides.com/knowledge-base/website-tips/css-wildcard/