Floorplan for Home Assistant

Ha. I just re-read my other comment and realize it sounds like I didn’t install Fully Kiosk. It is already installed and the error shows up when opening the alarm clock panel of floor plan in Fully Kiosk on the Fire 7. The Fire 7 MAC is also correct in the yaml file.

Oh OK… Well… I’m at a loss then.

@johnnyletrois Did you enable this in Fully Kiosk?

Settings > Other Settings > Enable Website Integration (PLUS)

It’s required so that floorplan can ‘talk’ to Fully Kiosk.

That did it! Thanks!

And to get the screen to auto dim and auto on:

In Fully Kiosk under "Device Management"

keep screen on set to ON

launch on boot set to on

screen off timer set to 0

screensaver timer set to whatever you want the dim timeout to be

screensaver url set to dim: (that's "dim:" - don't forget the colon
1 Like

Question: For those of you who are using themes how are you including your themes alongside Floorplan? cna you provide me with a view of your config file. I keep running into
2017-11-28 19:27:16 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.loader] Unable to find component themes
2017-11-28 19:27:17 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.setup] Setup failed for themes: Component not found.
This is what I have in my config.

frontend: !include frontend.yaml
themes: !include_dir_merge_named themes.yaml

Themes is a sub-component of frontend, you need to put it inside the include file.

Excellent, thank you that worked. Just learned something new.

1 Like

Just as a follow up, after several reboots from other changes the darn thing snapped in to place, right into the box. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

Is floorplan still having issues with IOS???

The forum has this nice feature called search… But here you go:

@pkozul - I 'm trying to get the dynamic SVG to work and I’m getting close, but I just can’t seem to get the SVG to locate within the placeholder I’ve defined in my floorplan.svg. Take a look at the image below: I am able to resize the SVG image using viewBox 0 0 32 32 that I set in Inkscape for the weather icon. The icon is suppose to appear in the white rectangle next to the “71” in the grey box. The rectangle has the ID sensor.dark_sky_icon. Can you help me out? I’ve been working on this for hours. Thanks!

I’ve had that problem before, except mine showed way off the screen, had to do with moving the icon around on the screen and inkscape saved that but not right i think. I’d delete it, and place the icon as close as possible to where you want it to appear.

Thanks Moose, but the problem is the icon is not aligning with my placeholder. I can’t move the actual icon in my floorplan, only the placeholder rect.

Several of us had this same problem. At first I tried everything I could to get the darn thing in the placeholder, finally, as someone suggested I just mover the placeholder around until I got it where I wanted to put it and then after several restarts for other things I was working on it went into the placeholder on its own.

I’m sure it’s not what you wanted to hear but the true root cause hasn’t been identified.

1 Like

yup, or i’ve found easiest to just delete that placeholder rectangle and create it again very close to where i want and it’ll show up fine. I’m not sure if programs like inkscape aren’t saving that correctly of ir floorplan isn’t rendering the SVG correctly, wish i was more fluent at SVG files to know.

1 Like

I just discovered the new repository under

https://github.com/pkozul/floorplan-quick-start

I set it up to give it a try and it seems to work. I have a custom state card and a panel showing a basic floor plan.

I noticed that the syntax of the floorplan.yaml changed. I got my entities created and matched to the svg items.

What I did not get working, is changing the style sheet depending on the state.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you pkozul for this great tool

Can you tell how to do it? How to set png as background in SVG file?

Import from the file menu or drag and drop :slight_smile:

waaaat? what file menu?? drag and drop to where?

Inkscape is what I use, and I can drap and drop png/jpg etc onto the opened interface. Also in the file menu you can import just about any picture file. How are you creating the svg file?