Floorplan - software to create

Hi
Please share me or give me link to free software to i can create good floorplan to my Home Assisnt ? Good will be if i can also put on floorplan furniture and other accessories…

Sweet home 3D has been used.

It also has option to create floorplan without view 3D ?

Magicplan (iOS) allows you to create your floorplan using a tablet and physically scanning your house. Seems to work well.

I used floorplanner to trace an existing floorplan. You can also draw from scratch.

floorplanner.com is very nice.
There are a lot of pre-defined real furniture (e.g. ikea etc) that you can use to match your stuff.
To create HD renders you need to pay, but its a one off payment of ~$3 IIRC.
SD renders are free.

I closed all side panels, zoomed in to my floor plan as much as I could without cropping then printed to PDF. I then opened the PDF in Photoshop and saved the image as a png file. It ended up being 1900x956 pixels which is HD enough for me :slight_smile:

This also works and definitely a viable zero cost option!
But the editors 3D render is nowhere near a nice as the offline render, and IMO it was worth the small price to get the full renders.

I didn’t try the 3D render only 2D, and you are right, it’s a small price.

This is from the editor:

This is a render:

Both resized smaller.

1 Like

I used design spark mechanical and a tape measure, then exported to dxf and used an online converter to move to svg. Free and I now have a cad drawing of the house should I ever need it. Still a work in progress, but getting there. https://gist.github.com/prairiesnpr/d76f3859870e15370fce93e332290e68