Flux LED/ Ledenet v8 not working well on Hassio

I’m such a noob when it comes to things like that, I will kindly let you go ahead hahaha

Came here with the same issue. Looks like my devices automatically updated to v8 and I’ve lost use of them. Hopefully there can be a patch or something to these.

I’m having the exact same issue. I have three v6 devices that worked flawlessly, I bought a v8 device unknowingly and behaviour is so intermittent. Glad I found this so I didn’t waste more time trying to solve it. Thanks.

1 Like

I ended up flashing Tasmota onto the LED-Controller following this tutorial (german):

Works flawlessly now :slight_smile:

1 Like

Its a huge hack, but I got the use of my LED strips back by using the following

I’m guessing it would be possible to get home assistant to call that instead of what-ever python library its currently using, but that’s a little beyond me. I installed the flux_led python by just
‘pip 3 install flux_led’ and then added the following to my configuration.yaml

shell_command:
  led_strip_1_on: flux_led 192.168.1.1 --on
  led_strip_1_off: flux_led 192.168.1.1 --off

Now I can just call ‘led_strip_1_on’ as a service in my automation and the LED strip turns on and off just like before with no issues. Someone smarter than me can probably figure out how to do this within HA and get the LED strips working without an ugly hack like this. I can’t solder to save my life so flashing the firmware isn’t an option for me.

1 Like

Hi @Glenn_Ruysschaert,

I am having exactly the same issue and I was wondering how I could explain it. You did it perfectly. Thanks!

Would it be possible to downgrade the devices from V8 to V6? Or maybe the flux_led developer is working in a new version for this component? @frenck, please could you help :slight_smile:

Not quite sure why you tagged me in that message?

I have no idea what this is?

Your name is in this component: https://github.com/home-assistant/home-assistant/tree/dev/homeassistant/components/flux_led

Yeah, that is not how it works, but thank for the notification.

I updated the name of the component/integration to be actually correctly spelled, that doesn’t make me the developer :wink:

Sorry m8!

Edit:

Better place to look is the manifest.json, it has a property called: “codeowner” which gives you the maintainer of an integrations. For this integration:

https://github.com/home-assistant/home-assistant/blob/2a65da5db2392bb9e0230413f43017be3914d3a8/homeassistant/components/flux_led/manifest.json#L7

No codeowner, currently unmaintained.

Thank you @frenck, and sorry for bothering :wink:

1 Like

No problem m8! I hope you guys get it resolved. :+1:

1 Like

It looks like there is a workaround already by adding a 1 second delay:

I used this updated component which fixed it, however now it’s unable to detect the names of the controllers.
It shows as light.name
But controlling it works fine now:

1 Like

Seems like this is still a problem. I’ve had a v4 controller running fine and able to be controlled as expected for about a year. Bought another one last week, a v8, and it didn’t work. I have to power cycle the controller, then it appears as on in HA. Once on, I can change the color and brightness, but if I turn it off then I lose control. I can try to turn it on again but it only goes to the dimmest red setting, then I can’t turn it off unless I quickly click it like three times. No real control after that, never goes to what I had it set to, only that dim red color after playing with the button. Weird part is if I quickly hit the toggle then it briefly flashes the set color/brightness before turning off. If I power cycle the controller it boots up to what I had it set to initially then, and I can then control the color/brightness again until I turn it off. I thought it might be just the one controller, so I returned it for a different brand but it’s the same behavior.

I do have to try John32’s fix.

Any word on a possible fix from within the component/integration in HA?

Hi,

I have exactly the same problem. I’ll try the new component and tell you if it works.

Regards,

I’m running into the same problem. Not sure where to apply the John32 fix at, am running HA Core in a docker container on unraid.

1 Like

Is it working my v8 led will not work with HA?

1 Like

Hi. Have any news from that problem ? I have same issue and not working…

The v8 strips should work with 2021.11 and later