Flux LED/ Ledenet v8 not working well on Hassio

I used this updated component which fixed it, however now it’s unable to detect the names of the controllers.
It shows as light.name
But controlling it works fine now:

1 Like

Seems like this is still a problem. I’ve had a v4 controller running fine and able to be controlled as expected for about a year. Bought another one last week, a v8, and it didn’t work. I have to power cycle the controller, then it appears as on in HA. Once on, I can change the color and brightness, but if I turn it off then I lose control. I can try to turn it on again but it only goes to the dimmest red setting, then I can’t turn it off unless I quickly click it like three times. No real control after that, never goes to what I had it set to, only that dim red color after playing with the button. Weird part is if I quickly hit the toggle then it briefly flashes the set color/brightness before turning off. If I power cycle the controller it boots up to what I had it set to initially then, and I can then control the color/brightness again until I turn it off. I thought it might be just the one controller, so I returned it for a different brand but it’s the same behavior.

I do have to try John32’s fix.

Any word on a possible fix from within the component/integration in HA?

Hi,

I have exactly the same problem. I’ll try the new component and tell you if it works.

Regards,

I’m running into the same problem. Not sure where to apply the John32 fix at, am running HA Core in a docker container on unraid.

1 Like

Is it working my v8 led will not work with HA?

1 Like

Hi. Have any news from that problem ? I have same issue and not working…

The v8 strips should work with 2021.11 and later