Flux Led/MagicLight don't work since few updated

Any chance the code changes/band-aid fixes mentioned here are going to be part of an upcoming HA release?

Can I ask you Why you are using ledenet protocol?

That works! Thank you!

Also having the issue. Manipulate Magic Home RGB Controller (v8) from Home Assistant and the light turns off. Change color and turn on/off/on in the mobile app ‘wakes’ the light again.

I noticed that if I restart Home Assistant and only change brightness and color it works fine. However if I touch ‘color temp’ or ‘white value’ the lights stop working. Also turning off the light will break it.

Finally figured out how to get working on my rpi.

1. Create the folder
    /config/custom_components/flux_led

2. Create file __init__.py and paste
    """The flux_led component."""

3. Create file manifest.json and paste

{
    "domain": "flux_led",
    "name": "Flux LED/MagicLight",
    "documentation": "https://www.home-assistant.io/integrations/flux_led",
    "requirements": ["flux_led==0.22"],
    "codeowners": []
  }
  1. Create file light.py and paste content from @ybarigou gist
    https://gist.github.com/ybarigou/52d42cd2e6b44bb70cbdb317a059e623

2. Validate and reboot home assistant

2 Likes

This is awesome man! Happy I didn’t yeet my controllers although I have to admit I was tempted too :smiley:

Had some concerns since I’m running HA in Docker, but was able to add the updated files to the custom components and BOOM! It (FINALLY) works!!!

Appreciate the effort,

Cheers

Thanks for the step by step guide.
I followed it, but I don’t have any change.
I should have done thing right. I see in the log the message

You are using a custom integration for flux_led which has not been tested by Home Assistant. This component might cause stability problems, be sure to disable it if you experience issues with Home Assistant.

But I see this other message:

Setup of light platform flux_led is taking over 10 seconds.

Any hint?
Is there a method to raise this 10 second timeout?
Thanks.

EDIT: I SOLVED
I write two lines to help who could be with problems after following the guide.
The guide is perfect, but it still didn’t work to me. There were two problems yet.
I had to disable the autodiscover of the devices. I had to write in the configuration the their IPs.
Second the name of the entities changed after this operation, so I had to update the configuration where they were used. Now it looks to work. Thanks a lot for your posts, they are really useful.

Thank you very much! I follow the guide and now my leds are working perfectly

I have this working - kind of - the problem I have is that if I turn the light on, it randomly turns itself off again after a few seconds - reflected in the lovelace UI. I can’t work out why. There is nothing in the log but should I enable increased debug?

Your patch has made the LED Strip controller more reliable (ARILUX® SL-LC 03 Super Mini LED WIFI APP Controller), thank you. This should be pushed to the core hass.io repository.

We’re you able to make it work on HA?
Can you share configuration.yaml code?

Is controller in same vlan as HA or another vlan but open to HA vlan?

Did you had to download any content to custom_components folder?

Thanks

I solved this problem using homebridge, I installed this plugin https://github.com/Zacknetic/HomebridgeMagicHome-DynamicPlatform it detects all devices automatically, it doesn’t need any configuration, just install. After configuring the homebridge, the home assistant will detect a new integration of the homekit automatically and together with it will bring all the devices that the homebridge found, works perfectly and without any delay.

I have been struggling with this for a while now - created the customer component as par the above and the needed files and in my config I have entered -

light:
  - platform: flux_led
    scan_interval: 0.10
    devices:
      192.168.68.134:
        name: Kitchen Strip 2
        protocol: 'ledenet'
        mode: rgbw

However, it still does not work. in the logs I get -

2020-12-31 16:59:16 WARNING (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.light] Updating flux_led light took longer than the scheduled update interval 0:00:00.500000

repeated over and over again…

Any ideas?

Anyone help with the above question?

thank you! all working well, except for the effects. Anyone has any ideas on how to make them function?

Hello @hudsonbrendon ,
I’ve same problem and this could be the right solution!
Is there a little guide? Or at least what to do in major steps? I’m on a docker setup on a Synology NAS.

with the latest HA install, even after following the instruction above, clearing browser cache still cant seem to find the Flux-led integration under integrations. What are we missing here ?

it works perfectly (even having HA on docker on RPi4)

Appreciated.

Check the official docs again, Flux LED/MagicLight - Home Assistant (home-assistant.io)

Was changed back to yaml because of the issue you are describing

Here is what I am experiencing if anyone has any tips I’m all ears…
If I turn on the led lights with remote and they are on and I start HA, I can see and change the colors and turn them off, once I do I lose control and the lights and I have to use the Magic Hue app to turn them on again or the remote.

Here is my code in config.

light:

• platform: flux_led
    devices:
    192.168.1.116:
    name: Playroom Led Lights
    mode: “rgbw”
    protocol: ‘ledenet’
    192.168.1.133:
    name: Cabana Led Lights
    mode: “rgbw”
    protocol: ‘ledenet’