đŸ”č fold-entity-row - Hide away stuff in entities cards

Indentation. First example here: https://github.com/thomasloven/lovelace-fold-entity-row#options

1 Like

Hi all,

Can someone tell me how I can do follow config:

light.dressoir_all (this you will see and behind the pull down icon)
  light.dressoir_1
  light.dressoir_2
  light.dressoir_3

So the pulldown not show the light.dressoir_all bulb also, just the other 3

I cant figure it out

I want this without the line that is marked

So
 you have two things on the right
 and you want to remove the first of those by changing something on the left, do I understand you correctly?

Is there perhaps something on the left that you also have two things of, where you could remove the first?

1 Like

Ohh now I see
 so stupid !!! I really didn’t see it haha

In Swedish, there’s the expression to “stare yourself blind on something”. Happens to me a lot

2 Likes

Here in Netherlands same
 Then we say: Cheese!

Hi - just started playing with this card

Is there a way to make the text for the head label larger, and to add a icon to the label too?

Ideally upstairs and downstairs would both have icons and be able to make the text larger , maybe even change colour too

The section row is not a feature of fold-entity-row. It’s a feature of the entities card.

Still, though, https://github.com/thomasloven/lovelace-card-mod.

Also, check out https://github.com/thomasloven/lovelace-dummy-entity-row.

Hi @thomasloven is it possible to put glance type/card entities in a fold-entity-row? I have been trying many combinations but I can’t find one that works. Cheers!

1 Like

Hi
First of all: I’m newby, this is my fist post and with a poor English (Spanish native) so sorry everyone if I can’t explain clearly

I was using fold-entity-row without problems until HA v0.104. Now, with 0.105 version, the icons don’t change color on status or switch change.
In the release notes of v 0.105 I’ve read “Icons no longer change color based on state” but they explain an alternative: add “state_color: true” for the entities you want to change color
Changing this:

- type: custom:fold-entity-row
  head: binary_sensor.entity_in_head
  entities:
    - binary_sensor.entitiy_row_1
    - switch.entitiy_row_2

for this:

- type: custom:fold-entity-row
  entities:
    - entity: binary_sensor.entitiy_row_1
      state_color: true
    - entity: switch.entitiy_row_2

I’ve solved for rows but, how can I do the same for the entities icon in the heads?

I’ve tried many thing without success

Thanks

Exactly the same way:

head:
  entity: binary_sensor.entity_in_head

Edit: Explanation of “exactly”.

- something

can be seen as a shorthand for

-
  something

Thus

- 
  binary_sensor.entity_row_1

becomes

-
  entity: binary_sensor.entity_row_1

and, in the same way

which is shorthand for

head:
  binary_sensor.entity_in_head

becomes

head:
  entity: binary_sensor.entity_in_head
2 Likes

OMG, it’s working !!!

I would have sworn that this was one of my attempts trying to follow the logical way

Perhaps I’d tried “- entity” instead of “entity” (when to include “-” or when not is getting me crazy)

Many thanks for the detailed explanation an congratulations for your contribution

This might help.

It has done. Very well explained. Many things are clear to me now. Thanks again.

And abusing your patience, thinking about keep card with fold-entity.row’s as simply and clear as possible, would there be any way to put the “state_color” in only one place on the card instead in each and every entity? ( I’ve also tried to include “state_color” in eack entity in customizations without success)

I promise this will be the last question (in this thread)

group_config. Second example here.

is there anyway for the list collapse back when you click on different page?

Thanks,

Hi,

Is it possible to swap the location of the on/off toggle and the drop down arrow on the header row? I have a few fold-entity-rows in amongst several slider-entity-rows and the toggles for the fold-entity-row are offset from the ones for the other entitites, which could be avoided if it were possible to swap the location of the drop-down arrow and the toggle.

Thank you,

James

1 Like

Afraid not, for two reasons.
First of all, the row is taken directly from lovelace and an arrow is added after it. To put it before the toggle, I’d have to go in and change the row semi-manually, and then add a special case for each type of row.
I could have done that, but -

Second, it’s a design decision in line with the overally design philosophy of lovelace - Material Design.
The main function of the header row is to toggle open the fold, thus the rightmost button should perform that function.

1 Like

Thanks - I appreciate the answer. I am not so sure I necessarily agree with the design philosophy of material design in that case (the second reason) but I absolutely do not expect you to go to any work just for me; which is an edge case. Especially as it sounds quite complicated. Still, a very useful card! :slight_smile: