Followed Instructions, Pi 5, Pi Imager, 64GB Card all New

I’m using a brand new Pi 5 8gb in an Argon One case, proper power supply, 64 gb SD card imaged from Raspberry Pi Imager for Home Assistant installation.

Watching screen on first boot, all seems fine and finally CLI(?) screen.

Go to other computer on network, type ipaddress.local:8123 and get the " Error installing Home Assistant" screen. Downloaded log and it shows:
2024-05-27 22:01:20.490 WARNING (MainThread) [supervisor.jobs] ‘Updater.fetch_data’ blocked from execution, no supervisor internet connection
2024-05-27 22:01:20.490 WARNING (MainThread) [supervisor.homeassistant.core] Error on Home Assistant installation. Retrying in 30sec

There’s obviously an internet connection and my router (Frontier) shows the Pi5 as “homeassistant” and I can connect through the network to the local:8123 page.
My network gives access to internet through any hardwired (like this current situation) or Name/Passworded Wireless connection.
So… Wazzup with the “no supervisor internet connection” stuff and how can I (from the HA command line) check that there’s an internet connection and if not, how do I get an internet connection?
Thanx!
Sir B

Ran “host reboot” and all is well now.
Oh geez… After being in the IT world and industry since 1975 did I totally overlook “Reboot the system and see if that fixes it” mantra?
< sigh >
I’m getting too old…

1 Like