Fontawesome Pro

what does ls show you?

The same as that previous list

ok, sorry, I thought the

docker exec -it addon_a0d7b954_appdaemon /bin/sh

worked.It should have given you a new command prompt inside the container

It did give me a new prompt.

Don’t worry, this is taking up far too much of your time. I can get round this by just uploading the files and writing a class for each button. It’s not too many. Thank you for your efforts on this! It’s much appreciated.

ok, that’s fine!

Got it working… kind of.

I just tried a find / -name all.css and it found it in /usr/lib/python3.8/site-packages/appdaemon/assets/css

So, I uploaded all.css into that. I also uploaded webfonts into the assets directory. That got close but I was just getting a square where the icon should be.

I checked the console and it was saying that it couldn’t find the webfonts in the compiled/css directory so I put them in there.

It’s now working. I suspect this might be a bit of a fudge. The other problem is that even restarting appdaemon overwrites all.css so I’ll have to bear that in mind. I don’t know if there’s a way round that.

So, all in all, you got me right where I needed to be. It was just my assumption that something hadn’t worked that stopped me from putting the final piece of the puzzle in.

Thanks again for your help!

And more progress. All the Pro icons are working nicely. It took a bit of messing about to find the answer but…

If FA tell you to use far fa-xxxx, use far-xxxx. You can use far, fas or fad for regular, solid or duotone.

You can also use things like icon_on: fas-lightbulb fa-rotate-270 if you want bulbs facing in different directions for any reason. I like things on screen to act as a bit of a waypoint to what is in real life. So far, it’s looking ok. Just a shame I can’t find anything that I like to represent the LED strips I have under my cabinets.

Great that you got it working! The compiled folder will be overwritten every time appdaemon compiles a dashboard, so better to try and figure out the correct location from where the files are read. @ReneTode do you know which folder the webfonts are read from?

That’s the odd thing. I’ve been messing with this, adding and editing dashboards most of the weekend. Nothing has broken yet. The only thing that breaks it is when I restart appdaemon and then my /usr/lib/python3.8/site-packages/appdaemon/assets/css/all.css gets overwritten. That’s easy enough to fix though.

yeah from

/usr/lib/python3.8/site-packages/appdaemon/assets/webfonts

i already told it at github.

and i think the docker is recreated every time AD is started.
and i suspect that there are ways around that. but i dont know enough about docker for that.
@Odianosen25 has more docker experience