For users with an Onkyo network receiver

Hi
I’ve just starting to try Home Assistant and it’s really nice.

I noticed there was a component for another brands network receiver but not for an Onkyo like I have.
Googled and found this great script and Python library !

It was many years ago I did any coding so I dont think I can make a component myself but the library is great it can query state and perform actions.

I tested some basic but usful stuff as a script by adding eg the following:

shell_command:
onkyo_power_state: onkyo system-power=query
onkyo_on: onkyo system-power=on
onkyo_off: onkyo system-power=standby
onkyo_source_query: onkyo input-selector=query
onkyo_source_pc: onkyo input-selector=pc
onkyo_source_tv: onkyo input-selector=tv
onkyo_source_game: onkyo input-selector=game
onkyo_source_tuner: onkyo input-selector=tuner
onkyo_tuner_station: onkyo tuner=query

Would be really cool with a component that could show the power state of the receiver, turn it on/off, show current source and let you select other source, a slider for volume.
It’s even possible to turn of connected sources like DVD power/playback etc if they are connected via hdmi and support CEC.

Hope this can be inspiration for someone :slight_smile:

This is on my “to do but I really hope someone else gets to it first” list. That library only supports Python2. There are a couple forks where people started converting it to Python3, and using some of their work and a bit of my own, I got an Onkyo component for HomeAssistant in a semi-working state, but some parts of the library are proving a bit tricky.

Wonder if it’s me. But looks like there is no more input select. Guess it’s after update to 0.40. Can somebody confirm this bug?

Seems to be working here. Running hassbian 0.40

Anyone got the commands working for turning on devices with HDMI-CEC? I’ve tried a couple of the commands listed but i cant find the correct one

pi@homeAssistant:/$ onkyo hdmi-cec=query
Error: “hdmi-cec” is not a valid command in zone “main”

Did anybody figure out input switching via HDMI-CEC? I don’t have ethernet on my Onkyo.