Force a dimmable light's icon to ignore brightness?

What’s the simplest way to force a dimmable light’s icon to disregard brightness and only show simple on/off status?

I’ve got light group of two dimmable lights that I leave at 30% most of the time, and so the group’s Lovelace icon is a very dim yellow when on. I’d just prefer all three icons behave like non-dimmable lights. Either in Lovelace or at the entity level. Cheers.

If you use something like https://github.com/custom-cards/button-card you can set whatever icon you want.

1 Like

Thanks. Yeah I just remembered that I already played around with button-card a few weeks ago to try and do this (I already use it for other cards). Just using it at all does indeed work (you have to go out of your way to replicate the native dimming behavior), but this is a button inside a grid, next to other native buttons and it doesn’t match well. I have to force the height, which is fine. But now the label is bottom-aligned.

I don’t mind continuing to futz with button card, I just wondered if there were another more basic setting somewhere that could just disable this on a dimmable light entity altogether?