Force Zigbee devices to connect through routers in the Deconz app

Hi forum,
Hoping this could be seen as an uncategorised topic since it’s regarding the Deconz app.

My Zigbee setup is controlled by a USB Zigbee dongle with multiple Ikea buls working as routers/extenders in my apartment. I have several Xiaomi devices (sensors) which I through the VNC viewer can locate the communication routes in the deconz app (great).

I have some of the Xiaomi devices that only will connect directly to the Main Zigbee Dongle, which doesn’t always have the strongest connectivity, and have been reading something about the bind dropbox feature which could be used to control where and which should be connected to each other. But every time I do so, it gives me a Timeout error and keeps being attached with a poor connection to the dongle even though I do have a Zigbee router which is fairly closer to the sensor.

How do I within the Deconz app, force a device to be connected to a router?

Hope someone has tried this and could give me some hints. :innocent:

Not possible if I am correct , xiaomi sensor don’t change a route easily, what I do, if I have a router close by… I just pair it again, keeping it close to that router…

Oh okay… Might try to do that… I think I’ve misunderstod the Bind Dropbox feature in the Deconz app then… Also saw that it is possible to make Zigbee groups - what does this do and what are the benefits?

No idea, don’t see the advantage of those groups in HA

You can try this -> deCONZ - Official thread