deCONZ - Official thread

You could use the deconz service in hass, though I don’t have the command in front of me but google deconz Rest API to find out how to unpair a device from deconz

Thanks, gave it a go but didn’t delete them unfortunately.

Anyone have any experiece with Aqara Motion Sensors using Tradfri Smart Plugs as a router/extender? They only want to connect directly to the RaspBee USB.

Light(x) are the Tradfri Smart Plugs, Presence(x) are the Aqara Motion Sensors. 0x0000 is the deCONZ gateway. As you can see all the smart plugs connect to each other and the gateway, but the motion sensors only want to connect to the gateway.

I find my Xiaomi sensors only seem to pair with the device they were nearest to when you added them to deCONZ.

I have added a Hue bulb for instance right next to a door sensor and the door sensor still shows connected to the coordinator only that is about 8-10 metres away

mb

I also suspected this, so tried to add it when directly next to the already connected tradfri plug, but it wasn’t detected at all. Very frustrating. Think I may go and test Ikea’s motion sensors tomorrow.

I had the same issue. Try this, search for new lights and then push the button of the sensor.
Don’t reset the sensor (long press)!
This worked for me several times with various xiaomi sensors!
Also have a look at your firmware version:

1 Like

Looks like my firmware version is not the 26490700 that many folks are saying is the best one. However I can’t for the life of me figure out the best method to update it. I’ve looked at https://github.com/dresden-elektronik/deconz-rest-plugin/wiki/Update-deCONZ-manually#update-in-raspbian but this seems not to work for the hassio official addon version. Or am I missing something?

I tried adding another xiaomi door sensor and that never showed up in Phoscon either so not just the Smartthings ones.
I reverted back to Marthoc’s add-on (as I have just recently moved from it to official one) and they show up fine when adding.
With the official addon, they don’t show up in Phoscon but do in the vnc layout and in the integration
Any ideas why ?

I read that you can now update the firmware with the official addon, but I haven’t tried that yet.
With the Marthoc’s add-on it was not possible, so I installed deconz on my laptop and than put the stick there and updated it.
This worked fine for me.

You can update the firmware with marthhoc’s docker image as well. Just read the instructions

This was excellent advise. I’d been resetting them with a long press every time I re paired them, but just tried a single press and it’s showing that it’s connected to my tradfri plug with excellent strength.

This was my solution too. Managed to update using Windows 10, then the phoscon app gave me the option to update. Running 26490799 firmware now.

With these two changes seems like the aqara sensors are behaving for now.

Hi all!

Small improvements coming to deCONZ integration with release 0.97 of HASS:

deCONZ groups will now get unique ids (https://github.com/home-assistant/home-assistant/pull/25485) so they can be renamed using entity registry and they will also show up in device registry and because of that also be used with areas.

Consumption sensors will now have power usage reported in attributes (https://github.com/home-assistant/home-assistant/pull/25512)

7 Likes

glad I could help :slight_smile:

1 Like

Is there a way to get the the xiaomi door sensor to return “open closed” instead of “on off”. Without having to make a template sensor for each one.

By default mine are open/close binary sensors in HA?

Since installing my new ComBee II USB, I have a sensor created I’m not sure where from.

Anyone got this or know what it is? Its showing OFF as state.

Not sure if the spelling ‘Toogle’ is a bug and meant to be ‘Toggle’?

Clip sensors are usually disabled by default. For some reason not in your case. You can disable it by going to.storage/core.config_entry and change clip sensor to false

I’ve got the same after some while ago. Noticed it after adding Aqara double rockers (but could be coincidence).
However its set to false for me:

"options": {
                    "allow_clip_sensor": false,
                    "allow_deconz_groups": true,
                    "master": true
                },

Strange, mines set to false:

"domain": "deconz",
                "entry_id": "beb0ae00d3ce4afbbb218244cc622730",
                "options": {
                    "allow_clip_sensor": false,
                    "allow_deconz_groups": true,
                    "master": true
                },
                "source": "hassio",
                "title": "deCONZ-00212EFFFF0490DD",
                "version": 1
            }
        ]
    },
    "key": "core.config_entries",
    "version": 1
}

I did change it too true and restart - no change, changed it back to false - still the same.

Next step would be to share debug logs