Forcing high accuracy doesn't update the binary sensor

When I force high accuracy mode with the command notification the binary sensor for high accuracy mode still reports off.
Is it the same for you?

Is this as intended or a bug?

this is a bug, missed a spot here :sweat_smile:

1 Like

PR to fix: https://github.com/home-assistant/android/pull/1821

Can you tell me how you force the high accuracy mode? Which command are u using?

the high accuracy mode command of course :slight_smile:

Thanks, but sorry i still do not understand which trigger to use for it… maybe if you are at home or not?

thats entirely up to you :slight_smile: you can use it with any trigger…different people ahve different use cases so whatever you want

Of course… :slight_smile:
Thanks

I am trying to find some examples about how to use in yaml high accuracy more when connected to bluetooth or when entering some zones, but i was unable to find something like this.
Can you give me some hints about it as i am not so expert in yaml mode and only looking at examples i can improve my knowledge…
Thanks in advance…
P.S. I read about options to use Bluetooth constraint or Zone constraint but cannot find any practical suggestion about them.

these can actually be automated on the device directly, give this section a read

what do you mean? If you want high accuracy mode to turn on when you are in the car for example you set the bluetooth constraint, as mentioned in the above link, to your cars BT. If you want it to turn on high accuracy mode when you are close to home you use the zone constraint, you also have the option to use an expanded zone so it triggers faster. Both options are explained in detail in the link above.

The notification command should be used for other options like for example if you leave the house and you want to trigger based on a device tracker or some other metric like if the garage door opens. That all depends on yourself if you want to add additional triggers that are not mentioned in the link.

What is difficult for me, and maybe for other non-english users, is to understand the docs about what i asked without some examples.
When i read
You can also enable the high accuracy mode only when connected to specific Bluetooth devices with the option High accuracy mode only when connected to BT devices. Be sure that the option High accuracy mode (May drain battery fast) is also enabled.
and have no examples about how or where to use those option that’s where i find difficulties…

it is mentioned in the first paragraph of the section I linked to.

The background location sensor has also the option to run in high accuracy mode. 

the section above it talks about sensor settings

and the section above that tells you how to access sensors and its settings.

its always a good idea to read as much as possible as the answers to your question were on the same linked page, just a different section.

1 Like

Yes, thanks… i now can see what i am searching and how to use those options.
Thanks a lot… again! :slight_smile:

1 Like