Forecast.solar forecast with panels on both sides of the roof

Hi,

I’m using the solar forecast integration (paid account), but I am only able to set 1 azimuth.
I have 20 panels facing east, and 20 panels facing west. Which azimuth do I then need to set?

Thanks in advance for any help!

You can add the second solar.forecast integration again and give these the values for the other side of the roof. Into the devices tab, you will have still one device block but with the two devices in it. Both can be configured independently.
Into the energy dashboard, both values will be summed to the bar in two different yellow colors so you can see what is coming from which roof side.

Perfect, that’s exactly what I needed!

Didn’t realize this was an option.

Thanks for your help :pray:t2:

Just to double check, I will have to divide my kWp by half for each side too then?

Yes, IF both sides have equally the same amount of panels (more precise same amount of WP = Watt Peek) thus divide in such a way that it represents your solar production capacity.

I too have 2x modules of 10, (20 total) in an East / West configuration. I dont have a paid solar forecast account, is that necessary for this configuration? Ive attempted to load a 2nd module but its not working.
Any ideas?

Actually I have panel in all 4 directions and I managed to set up all 4 Services.
Furthermore I defined templates to create new corresponding entities to sum up all 4 partial state to an overall state.
So far it is working, it seems to work without an API key as well.

Now I also would like to have the “energy-solar-graph”, however I am stuck as I don’t see any way to select the entitites it uses for this graph. It is just energy-solar-graph.

I would appreciate pretty much any ideas on how to select the entities for this graph ?

If you select and add the Forecasts (East / West) then you should get the graph.

1 Like

Frank, thanks a lot! Now it was quite easy to setup the graph!

Also the graph used in another view is based on the input in the energy dashboard.

I am also using a card showing forecast total, produced and forecast remaining based on the template where I sum up the 4 panels. Would the total values be available somewhere ?

Alfred, sorry I can’t answer your question. I don’t know.

What do you set the inverter limit to if it’s total capacity is less than the total panel capacity?

e.g. I have 2.64kW of panels on the north roof and 3.96W on the east, totalling 6.6kW, but with only a 5kW inverter.

Each integration has it’s own inverter limit, but dividing the 5kW limit to 2kW for the north plane, and 3kW for the east, wouldn’t represent the real world.

If I set each integration’s inverter limit to 5kW, the total power wouldn’t be reduced when the total exceeds 5kW since neither can independently produce 5kW.

If I set the inverter limits to 2kW and 3kW, each plane would have power reduced when they reach their independent limit, even if the other plane isn’t producing enough to total 5kW.

2 Likes

Hi @Janneman , I configured 3 different solar. Forecast, but I see only one line. do I need to change something?