Forecast.Solar 'list' object has no attribute 'items'

Very excited to see this new integration, would be so useful for me, even paid for the personal subscription.
I was getting an API error, now getting the error: Retrying setup: ‘list’ object has no attribute ‘items’
Tips? Hints? Something really stupid I missed?

Thanks.

I’m getting the same thing. I’ve tried removing and re-adding the integration plus restarting HA, but the problem remains.

I think the API is broken - if I try to cURL it I get

{"result":null,"message":{"code":null,"type":"error","text":"Rate limit for API calls reached.","info":null,"ratelimit":{"period":3600,"limit":12,"retry-at":"2021-07-08T15:17:59+00:00"}}}

That would also explain the error - if the integration is just reading the result attribute of that, and expecting an array, it will fail if it gets null.

If I try from a different IP it works again - maybe the HA component tries to quickly if it fails and then locks it out.

Boo. It doesn’t have data for most of Australia. :frowning_face:

It’s not broken. It’s updating too often:

A paid account might have a higher limit.

Yeah I found that out during the beta. Bummer.

Hey everyone,

just for reference, these are the rate limits for the various account models: account_models [Forecast.Solar]

So yes, a paid account has a higher limit.

I guess that means NZ is out too. Ho hum - thanks for the clues. A shame on setting up you get this error as I wouldn’t have thought it needed to retry too often just to get initialised.

Interesting the integration managed to hit the limit almost immediately. I got that error as soon as I installed it

With the free variant you can make 12 calls to the API per hour, the integration only makes 1 call per hour or every time you “re-add” the integration.

We are working on better error handling in this situation.

What about restarting home Assistant?

Does that make another call?

I suspect so, but I’m not sure :thinking:

I definitely didn’t add it twelve times

Neither did I. I’m happy to try again once some fixes have been applied. Now that I’ve seen the map, I can tell it isn’t going to give me any data over here in the land of the long white cloud, but testing that situation is worth doing and I’m happy to do it

Then it is also a mystery to me, after an hour you should at least receive data.

Also from Aotearoa / NZ and very interested in experimenting/testing this integration. It’s the long white cloud but the sun does shine here! On start up and after day or so I have:
Retrying setup: Error occurred while communicating with Forecast.Solar API
I am using public version without specific API key.

I understand we are off the map, so will be interested if there are future developments.

In the next core release there will be a better error exception handling and more!

I am in Australia too, but I don’t think this is the issue. My home pin/GPS location is less than 1km away from a pin located on their public map, so it should easily be able to adjust to that - yet I am still getting the same error. I have even signed up for the lowest tier account to see if that would fix it, and it has not.