Forget the HACS inside

Read through several complains why HACS is not inside the HA installation. Fully understand why. But why are some of the HACS integration not part of HA? There are some integrations/lovelace improvements that have a hack lot of stars and downloads and a contributor community around them. Why not just go through and select some to bring the functionality into the core? Some are even just improved forks from default ones - because lateral were abandoned

who do you think is supposed to maintain them after adding to core?

1 Like

That’s entirely down to the developer of the third party integrations. If they want them to be included into the core they can submit a PR for review and if it passes that it will be included.

However most third party developers like to maintain the autonomy of being able to push an update whenever they like, rather than waiting for the HA monthly update cycle (among other reasons).

New integrations are outside the scope of WTH as explained in the blog post.

Core is swamped with review requests tho.

Mine has been in limbo for 2 months: MPRIS Linux desktop media player integration for Home Assistant by Rudd-O · Pull Request #77188 · home-assistant/core · GitHub

Yep. The review process is not quick.

I wish it was. The week I filed my PR, I reviewed 7 other PRs to help things speed along. I hope I could help the HA community that way.

1 Like