About the Month of "What the heck?!"

Welcome to the Home Assistant month of “What the heck?!” 2022!
Share your “What the heck?!” moment or discuss/vote those of others.
The month of WTH is now closed, no new topics can be created.

FAQ

• “I have multiple things! Should I put all my stuff in a single topic?!”

No, please create multiple, smaller topics. There is no limitation on how many forums topics one can create for WTH. Each topic can be voted on, picked up, and resolved. Having multiple things stacked in a single forum topic makes resolving, discussing, and voting on them hard.

• "Is everything reported going to be fixed/addressed?"

There is no guarantee that will happen. The goal is to lower the barrier to report things for one month. Home Assistant mostly relies on contributors to address or improve the project. However, we think collecting feedback this way can tremendously help during Hacktoberfest.

• "I really want this new integration or add-on to be implemented, so I can use my devices. Is this the right place for it?"

No, this event is not for requesting new add-ons or device/services integrations. Please use the “Feature Requests” forum category instead.

• "My WTH topic is one of the top-voted ones, so it is going to be fixed/addressed, right?"

This is not a contest. Voting will help with visibility and getting a feeling of the impact the suggestion might have. However, it might be difficult or too big to implement. Home Assistant mostly relies on contributors to address or improve the project. A topic with lots of votes is more likely to be noticed by a contributor, but it is not guaranteed to be picked up.

• "I’ve found a bug and am comfortable with GitHub. Where should I report my
    issue now?"

If you are comfortable with using GitHub, please, by all means, file an issue report on GitHub instead.

6 Likes