Forgot password and documentation on HA webpage isn't working

Home assistant green, got it up and running yesterday and added some devices. Somehow got logged out and now it says username or password not correct. Hadn’t changed anything though, but here I am.

I attempted to follow the documentation on HA “I’m locked out” webpage, but it isn’t working. Tried auth reset, authorization reset, my username in quotes and not quotes, new password in quotes and not quotes. Always get “Unknown error, see supervisor”.

I prefer to solve the password issue to regain access but, unless there is something else for me to try, I’m ready to reset HA Green. I have the HA green installer ready to go, I just want to be sure that this won’t somehow render the whole thing unusable.

Same Problem

Well, Bryan, looks like we’re on our own here. I’m just going to try to reinstall HA Green and hope it doesn’t brick the system. Good luck!

Same here with HA Green,
Installed HA, integrated a bunch of things but due to other important things let the system idle for a long time, just used the iOS app for controlling my Sonos from time to time.

Today wanted to go further, could not log in on the web front-end. Checked the app: it worked. Re-started Green two times, no changes. Changed password on app (prompted to log out everywhere) and did that. No no chance to log in anymore. Tried the above, same error message (unknown error, see supervisor).

Cannot do anything anymore, really annoying, hoped to have a functional system with going Green :frowning:

Thorsten

Wondering if you guys have tried anything else yet. I bought the HA green box and now stuck as we all are. I have the green operating system downloaded, but am a little hesitant since I don’t want to brick the box.

I have the same issue on Raspi 4.
is there any solution now?

Thank you for your quick reply. I only have access via the local console.
With auth list I was shown the correct system-admin username.

If I now use
auth reset --username ExistingUsername --password NewPassword
I get unkown error, see supervisor

I have also tried the following spellings:
auth reset --username “ExistingUsername” --password NewPassword
auth reset --username “ExistingUsername” --password “NewPassword”
auth reset --username ExistingUsername --password “NewPassword”