Fork of GarageQTPi with opening and closing

This is my fork of the Jerrkawz/GarageQTPi project that is available here https://github.com/bg1000/GarageQTPi.git.

I used the original for a long time and while it worked great I wanted more information to be available so I would be more comfortable fully automating the door based on the presence of my car. When the opening and closing states became available for the MQTT cover in 0.106 I decided to update GarageQTPi accordingly. The fork incorporates three changes:

1. Upgrades python to version 3.X and updates versions of libraries in requirements.txt
  2. Added code to update the mqtt availability topic to inform subscribers when the app is offline.
  3. Adds support for opening and closing states for garage doors (requires a second switch for the open position).

If you don’t want to add a second switch you can still take advantage of the availability topics and have the door report only open and closed as it does today. More details are available in the readme file on Github. I submitted the first of these changes as a pull request to the original author but it has been sitting for about a month along with two other pull requests without a response. I plan to maintain and support the fork for now unless the original author responds.

2 Likes

Hi Bob,

thank you for maintaining this great Project! I have a similar use case but i’m not familiar with python and can’t change the code to my needs. Maybe you could help me? :slightly_smiling_face:

I need the same cover but one relais to move my garage door up (relais should stay on for about 25sec.) and another relais to move my garage door down (relais should stay on for about 20 sec.).

at the moment my setup is running on an esp32 but he sometimes lost his connection. That’s why i want to use a Raspberry Pi with ethernet.

This is my yaml File.

cover:
  - platform: template
    name: "linkes Tor"
    open_action:
      # Cancel any previous action
      - switch.turn_off: close_left_gate
      # Turn the OPEN switch on briefly
      - switch.turn_on: open_left_gate
      - delay: $lg_open
      - switch.turn_off: open_left_gate
    close_action: