Forked core component invalid handler

Hi everyone! I’m trying to import the tuya core component as a custom component so that it does not update alongside HA since I need a little edit in a file (climate.py).

I managed to create the custom integration (GitHub - AlessandroTischer/tuya_climate_mult_edit: This is a fork of the core Tuya component. Edited some climate.py multipliers in order to make thermostats display correct values), to add it through HACS and I can see it when I try to add an integration through HA settings…

BUT I get {“message”:“invalid handler specified”} as soon as I try to configure it.

What should I edit? Thank you!!

I think you also need to change the DOMAIN constant in const.py.
It doesn’t match with the domain in manifest.json.

1 Like

Thank you! That solved the problem with the config flow, but as soon as I configured the integration, a message saying the integration couldn’t be loaded showed up. I suppose there is another problem like this?

Logger: homeassistant.setup
Source: setup.py:230
First occurred: 3:31:51 PM (1 occurrences)
Last logged: 3:31:51 PM

Setup failed for custom integration tuya_climate_mult_edit: No setup or config entry setup function defined.

You haven’t copied over all files, I see for instance that __init__.py is missing.
That one is causing the error.
But there are more files missing, so expect more errors.

I copied the whole /tuya folder from home assistant core github repo, I thought it would be enough… Sorry I’m quite a noob in this. What am I missing?

Well, look at the files here: core/homeassistant/components/tuya at dev · home-assistant/core · GitHub

And compare them to the files you have in your custom_component directory.
You have 14 files in your directory, there are 26 files in the HA Core tuya directory.

So copy over all the missing files and restart HA. Then it might work.

1 Like

DAMN! The upload didn’t finished and I didn’t even noticed. Everything works now. Thank you A LOT!

You’re welcome :slight_smile: