Forked the Control4 Integration to also include whole home audio control

I extended the Control4 Integration included in home assistant to also include whole home audio control. The integration will detect rooms and add them as speakers. I can turn them on and off, change the volume and even the audio source. I had to hardcode the different audio sources since I couldn’t find a way to easily find the IDs and determine which component was an audio source. Maybe if someone is interesting they can take a look to make it more extensible? But thank you Home assistant open source community for making this possible!

The repo is here: GitHub - nalin29/control4RoomMedia I also made use of a forked version of pycontrol4 and published it on pypi as pyC4Room which contains the necessary api calls to change the room variables: GitHub - kdkavanagh/pyControl4: Python 3 asyncio package for interacting with Control4 systems

hey so i wanted to reach out to say great job. I have somewhat of the same thing and wanted to know if this would work for my solution. so control4 works with a audio matrix, triad. in control4, i have rooms and each room has a set of audio inputs (record player and media controllers 1 - 3, this way i can listen to different music in each room). i have the media controllers in home assistant now and can place them in a room. but i don’t currently see a way in home assistant via control4 to select which controller in which room. do you think this would work?