FortrezZ WWA02AA Water & Temp Sensor Not Resetting to Dry from Wet

Hi All,

I’ve been searching around for a few days and haven’t found anything related to others having the same problem. I’m trying to include an older ForterzZ WWA02AA Water & Temp Sensor using the Zwave JS. I have many other Zwave devices working well, however this particular device is not working properly. I’m fairly new to HomeAsistant.

Initially the Water Alarm - Water leak detector didn’t even show up. Once I tested the unit by applying water to the sensors, it did show up; however it has stayed at “Wet” for several hours even though it has been dry.

Worth noting - 3 additional sensors are hidden/not available - Heat Alarm - unknown, Water Alarm - Sensor status and Water Alarm - unknown.

Any ideas on how to set this up properly? It may be too old to have a working configuration in HomeAssistant, and I’m open to purchasing a new sensor that is reliable (if anyone has other recommendations).

Thanks for any help,

Ryan

I use the FTS05p, so I may not be of much help. When I first started out, I did a fair bit of playing around and testing with the sensor close to the ZWave Controller (Aeotec ZStick Gen5). Everything seem to work fine until I moved it to its final location. To make a long story short, I found the ZWave signal range was not quite good enough and I had a few issues with it. I ended up adding a Range Extender nearby and then thinks seem to work just fine.

Is it possible that ZWaveJS does not understand old command classes … maybe, but I’m not sure. Looking at the zwavejs device database, it appears your device is supported.

I know this is an old thread but I recently added 4 Fortrezz WWA02AA’s to my HA.
Initially the parameters for water detection are not shown under “Notification v2”.
By wetting the water contacts on the WWA02, it then shows ups.
You can then add the entities into the dashboard. Notice in the picture below the contact says wet and I added an additional entity which ends with “Idle Water Alarm Sensor status” and it has a Press option.

Pressing that entity causes the sensor to reset and now show dry if no water is detected.

1 Like