Forum performance

Is there a category or already a post about forum topics?

Currently loading time and performance in general is (at least) here again really really slow. More than slow.

Last time it happened after the forum software upgrade, but there was then a Info post etc. Currently it is again then case, but I didn’t find an info or something else during my search about the cause and outlook or solution progress.

Anything I missed or actions to have better performance again?

Experience lags as well.
Also see a long (up to 10 sec) “blinking colored circles” while opening the forum.

Not to mention:
– updates (notifications, may be got by tapping an a user avatar) are not “synchronized” between different tabs in FF; sometimes need to F5 to get an updated list of “updates”; to make some “update” “already seen” - I need to open it on the same tab again;
– sometimes cannot be open on FF (which could be also because of a local russian not-great firewall)

Probably we really need a separate section to discuss the forum.

Speed is just noticeably slower than before the forum update for me.

There’s also an issue with an un-dismissable code formatting error box always popping up if you use incognito/private mode.

Users have observations & they are scattered in many threads.
At least we need to organize these threads in one section.

If you send me some links I can merge them all here.

Right, but similar threads may be created again & again.
Currently users with spec. rights may reassign a thread to another category, reassign tags. Same could be done for new threads about the forum. Then all these threads may be found easily.

Creating a category will not help. You have no idea how many post I recategorise each day. In fact neither do I. I loose count of them quickly.

I see that some forum-related threads have a “forum” tag.
Let’s try to assign it to a corr. threads.
This is said to all users with appropriate access rights.

Yes. With some iterations.

1. During update/after-update migrations: Very slow and missings. But announced and understandable.

2. Some days after 1. until last week. Somehow good, but still slower than before the update.

3. Stating some days ago: Very slow again. Not always but most of the time. Sometimes not possible to load the forum at all, sometimes every page view last seconds to load (can see the slow progress of loading time in the header). Same for clicks on new post or reply. Seconds. Even user images load more or less second per second one by one.

Situation of 3. is not good. Because of this I searched for further forum announcements if there is again an update or migration or whatever else is happening at the moment/these days.

Todays evening (CET) it is very bad again here. Most of the clicks, edits, button, link lasts seconds with display of wheel and loading bar.

Are there jobs running or maintenance activities?

Similar today for an hour:

And this happens in FF, Chrome does work.

Were there any additional efforts or insights around this topic? I have the feeling it’s getting worse and worse, no matter if on the phone or laptop browser…