Four ways to integrate the Electricity Usage Monitor (IAMMETER) into the home assistant

Premise:Which type of electrical meter best fits your needs?
Blog:What capabilities does IAMMETER offer?
This is a summary article about how to use the IAMMETER`s Wi-Fi energy monitor in the home assistant, including the integrated methods and some solutions.

WEM3080T:3 phase, WYE connection, supports Net energy metering, split phase usage

WEM3080:1phase energy meter,wifi

WEM3050: If you do not need to use IAMMETER-cloud , recommend using It is also 3phase/split phase meter , and provides nearly all of the features of WEM3080T except the cloud service,but it is much cheaper (because there is no cloud service by default)

Integrate methods

There are four ways to integrate the IAMMETER`s Wi-Fi energy meter into the home assistant.

Solutions

New tutorials
Control the EV charging power with regard to the solar PV output and grid power reading

Monitor your solar PV system in Home Assistant( Energy Dashboard VS Energy Management)

Request the data of the Wi-Fi energy meter from the Modbus/TCP sensor , and control the sonoff relay in realtime

Building an Local PV monitoring system with Home Assistant +Grafana+InfluxDB

This is a universal tutorial about setting the time of use billing template in the Home Assistant. It does not ask to use a specific brand of energy meter.
Set the TOU(time of use) bill mode in the Home Assistant

Very interesting! Can I use an energy meter connected directly to an outlet as well? I want to see individual devices giving readings of power and energy.

Of course, this tutorial does not ask to use a specific brand device,what you need to do is just replace the hardware in tutorial with yours

Could you give me an example of a zigbee or z-wave energy meter (connected to an outlet) that could be used? These systems seems to be mostly available here in Sweden where I live.

I just bought one :point_up:t3:
Let’s see if I can get it running when it arrives.

1 Like

IAMMETER will release a new product WEM3050T on Oct 2023.
It is a 2P ,din-rail ,WiFi, 3phase energy meter, which is more compact than WEM3080T.

It has nearly all of the features of WEM3080T, but does not have the cloud service of IAMMETER by default.
Because there is no IAMMETER-cloud service by default, the price would be lower than WEM3080T. If you only use the energy meter in Home Assistant, the WEM3050T would be more proper

Hello, anyone can assist me about router/iammeter conflict? cannot Ping my meter…so home assistant integration is impossible…thank you ! :slight_smile:

Hi,
Is this problem resolved?
if not ,please let me know the details .
1 whether the WiFi LED in front pannel is on?
2 whether the uploading to IAMMETER is continuous?
If the above two are both yes. It means the device had been connected to router successfully, then please check the router setting .whether there is a firewall setting that limits the connection between the energy meter and your laptop.

@Iammeter,
thank you for your answer. So I finally success to install it. Had to change the router parameters.
Then I still have a question for you please.
1- why the power on each phases does not reflect the actual voltage and current. W= C*V
2- Phase 3 has always negative numbers.I understand that I have solar equipment, thus at 23:00 there is no sun :-))) and only phase 3 is concerned.

thank you very much for your help
:slight_smile:

Hi:
1 the power is the active power,not the apparent power (=UI)
active power = U
I*power factor
2 I think there may be some phase mismatch in your installation.
Please refer to
https://www.iammeter.com/newsshow/blog-meter-accuracy#phase-mismatch-in-installation

@Iammeter, thanks, I will double check and let you know.

@iammeter:
i double check, and all is fine in terms of connections…but I still have negatives number on Phase 3…can you please help me? thank you

Please also check whether the CT direction of phase C is correct

https://www.iammeter.com/newsshow/blog-meter-accuracy#ct-has-been-installed-in-a-wrong-direction

If it is still correct, please try to install both phase B and phase A to the same position as phase C(Powe Ua and Ub by the same voltage as phase C , and clamp both CTa and CTb on the same wire of phase C)
If possible, please give me a photo of this installation.

This method is to use all 3 phases to read one phase data.
If all 3phase readings are nearly the same (voltage, current, active power), that means the readings of phase C are normal.

By the way , please also use the local API of the device to read the 3phase data first
https://www.iammeter.com/newsshow/blog-fw-features#apimoinitorjson-return-the-measurement-result
And check whether the 3phase power reading is the same as the HA display.

In fact, the HA also uses this API for IAMMETER`s integration, and there will be no difference.
But please also compare it firstly, to avoid the possible mistake by the wrong configuration in HA.

this is still correct.
Please provide a photo or schema of what you mean by : " install" both phase B and phase A to the same position as phase C(Powe Ua and Ub by the same voltage as phase C…
thank you

Hi:
That means connecting Ua Ub and Uc together and just powering them with one power supply.
And clamp the Cta,Ctb, and Ctc on the same wire.
This logic is to use 3phase to monitor the same voltage and current and check whether the reading (voltage, current, active power)of the 3phase is nearly the same.
If the readings are nearly the same, that means the reading`s consistency of the 3phase is OK, which also means the reading would be normal in phase C.
Or if you have a load with fixed power, you can also use phase C to monitor that phase and check whether the reading is correct.

Anyway, after we confirm the readings of phase C are normal, it will prove the negative power reading is not caused by the wrong reading of the meter.
Then we can continue to analyze why there is a negative power reading onsite.

New tutorials
Control the EV charging power with regard to the solar PV output and grid power reading

WEM3050: If you do not need to use IAMMETER-cloud , recommend using It is also 3phase/split phase meter , and provides nearly all of the features of WEM3080T except the cloud service,but it is much cheaper (because there is no cloud service by default)