Foxess Inverter Modbus

Hey guys! How are you doing?
I just started creating a proper integration for the solution @Safs proposed, with an Elfin EW11, but eliminating node-red from the equation, as I personally don’t use it, and I imagine many more don’t
Here is the repo: GitHub - LucasTor/FoxESS-T-series
The only tests I’ve done were using an Arduino to send the strings to the Elfin EW11 bridge, as my inverter is yet to be installed, but I will keep you guys updated on any further tests/improvements (In my case I will be using a WEG SIW200G M050 W0, as I live in Brazil and FoxESS inverters are rebranded by WEG here)
Thanks all!

First of all, many thanks to the developers and all those who support us with tips and tricks.
I have successfully integrated the values from my FoxEss T10-G3 into Home-Assistant.
The values are sent to me every 2 minutes, with my H3 I get them via USB almost in real time.
How can I reduce the update time of the T10, i. in other words, query it more frequently via ESP?

Sadly, the protocol of T-series doesn’t allow a more frequent update interval. The values aren’t polled, but send out by the inverter in an update interval which is set in the firmware of the inverter.

1 Like

Even better then using cloudbased Info - former time: 5min, now: not working… :slight_smile:
thx for information

@xndz
Thanks for your update for the 1.21 version. It works basically, but some values are not correct imo.
Today Yield is always 0
Generation Total rises over the day and lowers in the afternoon.
Is this the same for your setup?

And can someone explain me the value of loads Power? Is it the power I’m consuming from the grid?

Hello guys!
I tried reading the RS485 using an Elfin EW11, but the only message I get is 0x0104004A0002501D, at a rate of ~3 per second, is my inverter not sending the proper data? Do I need to have the wifi dongle setup for that? As it is, it’s not connected to the cloud yet
The Elfin EW11 config was copied from @Safs
Thanks!

Maybe problem is that inventor not connected to cloud? Because sendet data is same for cloud and RS485… If inventor not connected to cloud, it do not generate data… Only guessing…

The inverter broadcasts regardless whether the cloud is connected or not.

This was my thought as well
In the end the problem was that WEG (the company that rebrands FoxESS in my country), or maybe even FoxESS in the newer models, removed the main RS485 port from the main connector from the inverter, and left it only for the wifi dongle, which means I had to get a little creative, but with a little ingenuity I got it to work :slight_smile:
By the way, the integration is ready to test in case you guys wanna check out
FoxESS T Series Integration - GitHub

Also now looking at the original wifi board, it uses an ESP-WROOM-02D, which might accept esphome itself? :eyes:
Sadly I cannot mod mine to this level as the contractor uses the official website to monitor production and etc, but i would definitely dig this deeper if I had the possibility

Any update ?
THX Cyberhome

Hi, did you solve your problem with the weird readings ? I think I have the same problem e.g. frequence showned as current multiplied by 10.

My integration of FoxEss T10-G3 works fine,
in ESP-Home there is a update shown - is it ok to do so - or is there any issue that could break my running solution?

Hi. What firmware is installed on your inverter?
There is currently 3 different firmwares that have some changes to the protocol.
Depending on the firmware some registers need to be shifted.

Personally I never update my ESP’s, unless there is some pressing reason to do so.
I’m not aware of any breaking changes resulting it no longer working, but why take the risk😉

1 Like

Część masz jeszcze płytkę PCB na sprzedaż?

1.42 should be my firmware - aktually never changed something (never touch…)

Hi guys
Today I connected my equipment (in accordance with the assembly12 instructions) and immediately after connecting it in the HA, the production from solar panels reached 120 000 kWh. Why did this happen?

I have version master 1.35
version slaver 1.01
version ARM 1.21

Hi. That could be right, depending on how long you have your panels installed. This is the lifetime production of your system since the day it was installed. The inverter tracks this internally.