Freesat box integration

Has anyone looked at adding Freesat box integration?

I have managed to get a Powershell script that can discover a Freesat box on a network then query the device to find the serial number and send codes to change channel etc.

I started this to get voice control with Google Assistant so I will start to look at the documentation on how to do this next.

Can you share a link to your script?

1 Like

Thanks for that. I’ll have to translate it into something I can run on my Pi, but its a great start.

I will have a go at creating a Python version in the next day or so. I have already seen a number of Python SSDP scripts on Github so the rest should be fairly straight forward

I am half way there already.

Edit: More than half way actually

Just added some more information to the README about other Freesat box operations

I will see about adding some example XML and JSON for the requests and responses

1 Like

I can get the /rc commands to work fine, but anything involving the mysterious 281/62 numbers just returns a 404 code for me.

It might be something specific to the box I am connecting to so that it is harder to do exactly what we are trying to do.

They go to the trouble of changing the port it listens to so it would be reasonable that they would add some additional random bits here and there.

Updated: Github README.md updated with information on Freesat EPG calls and Region codes.

This is great information, but do you have any idea how the app translates the Post code (which is the only geographical thing it can get from the Freesat box) into the 281/62 type numbers?

Yes. I found it yesterday but not had a chance to update anything yet. Also got the Channel listing, Now and Next, On Demand apps available and Showcase info displayed in the app

New to Home assistant, have a Pi 4. I’ve put the freesat scripts on the pi under config\python_scripts created the hello_world.py.

Under Home Assistant / Config / Scripts started to create a script
action type - call service
Service - python_script.freesat

scripts.yaml

‘1568026535742’:
alias: Humax
sequence:

• data: {}
    service: python_script.freesat

This is where I’m stuck the examples show how to send a remote code as p.sendRemoteCode(415) how is this added to the scripts.yaml ?

Any news about this project? I have a Humax too

Hi Chris

Did you ever get the freesat box working?

If so, how.

Thanks in anticipation

Peter

Any updates on this project? Looking to integrate my Humax if possible,

1 Like