Freeze everyday same time

Most routers normally don’t change your dynamic IP’s on reboot. On the other hand, why is your router rebooting?

i don’t have this option in my router (Google Wifi)
maybe i will downgrade to 0.81 and see if it is a HA problem

Just don’t do DHCP. Give it a static IP setup.

it is a static IP from the beginning

Then why the hell do you suspect DHCP?

I just have a reboot everyday to freshen it. I guess to avoid having to do it manually.

When I just had it up all the time every now and then it would mess up. I have my 24 hr pc reboot as well. Just to get a fresh start I guess.

All my devices have been rock solid. I don’t remember the last time I had to do the inevitable unplug the router gig. Haha

You shouldn’t do that. Routers are built to run uninterruptedly. Rebooting it will interrupt all communication. That’s really REALLY bad for Home Assistant. If a single or few devices go offline it’s acceptable. But if everything goes down it’s no wonder your setup is unstable.

1 Like

it think i have found the reason for this problem, i have found that the SSL Renewal is making this , i have a automation to new the ssl cert when it is under 29 days left , so this make sense because it start happened couple days ago ,
the problem with the SSL Renewal was that the shell_command was incorrect after they change the option to use the “tls-sni-01” commend , the solution was to use “~/certbot/certbot-auto renew --no-self-upgrade --standalone --preferred-challenges http-01”
i am 90% sure that this was the problem , i will update later

I had the exact same issue. My script to renew my SSL was failing, and as a result, Home Assistant would not boot up as the script would fail/error and just stop. It took me a while to work it out, but I figured it out. Now I have to wait another 77 days to see if I’ve fixed the issue. On a side not, I may not have to stop HA to renew my SSL anymore with this new method.