Freint Electricity Meter Interface (Develco ZHEMI101)

Yes, it is, that’s why I am telling you check the sensor with a flash light.

Also, I am asking is the energy increasing correctly during a 1 hour period.

And of course, make sure that you plugged in the sensor’s connector all the way into the main body of the device.

I just got a new frient energy monitor from amazon and in a few minutes I installed it and it is fully functional! the problem was a defective product.

1 Like

I didn’t know that Amazon delivers on Sundays in Italy…

I am happy for you! Good luck!

The electrical cabinet in my house is placed outside and it is not isolated, so it needs to endure a couple of months with temperatures below zero, as low as -20°C once or twice every winter.

Anyone used this electricity meter during those conditions? Does it still function, does the batteries hold up?

Hmm, and now it happened again, ie meter stopped updating consumption. This time after updating the hassio os!
Is anyone else experiencing the same issue? Using Deconz

(same procedure as explained in prev post “solved” the issue, until the next time I need to reload the os)

From the Frient webpage:

Environment:
Operation temperature: -20 to +60°C
IP class: IP22
Relative humidity 5% - 85%, non condensing

So as long the batteries will hold up it “should” be fine.

For that you can use Lithium batteries, like Varta Ultra Lithium ones.

Hey friends, is it possible to have the meter under 50imp?
because it makes a error

Nope.

The ZHEMI-101 manual says on page 20:

Supports LED/IR pulse (configurable pulse range from 50 to
10000 pulses per kWh)

1 Like

That’s bad, is there another zigbee smart meter that could handle that?

Not that I am aware of it. What are you trying to hook it up?

You can look at ESP solutions like the Home Assistant Glow

That looks great, thanks for the help.

Just a side note: Included batteries died after less than two months, and the battery_low entity never changed status from false.

This device was my tipping point for finally abandoning Deconz and jumping the zigbee2mqtt train. So finally did the transition of all my 50+ devices and also got rid of my Ikea gateway. Highly recommended, got more data from other devices as a bonus that was not supported by Deconz! Running like a charm!

Just wanted to share a couple of hopefully useful bits of info.

First, I have it working via ZHA, several people have asked about this above. It has worked flawlessly for 9 months and then an electrician essentially dropped the unit whilst doing some work on our fuse box. I didn’t actually notice readings had stopped for a week as it’s not something I’m constantly checking. I was getting 0W reported. A ‘reconfigure’ via ZHA kept failing with various errors and I thought my unit might have been totally broken.

I did the obvious things and replaced the batteries, re-paired via ZIgbee and after this, I had readings back but they were too low (50W when it should be ~400W) and then gradually the reading trailed off to 0W again.

After looking more closely I realised that the entire circuit board had shifted inside the housing such that the 3.5mm sensor plug wasn’t seated correctly in the socket on the board. It felt ‘in’ and initially I couldn’t push it further, but I could see there was actually a couple of mm still exposed of the plug in the socket. With the lid off, I gently pushed the board down whilst pushing the plug up and this allowed it to mate fully. Sure enough I’ve got the correct measurements back.

Good unit all things considered but the plastic housing and construction is a bit cheap and this issue was simply a consequence of that.

TLDR, if you are getting lower readings than expected or slightly erratic readings, check the plug connection!

Freint Electricity Meter Interface (Develco ZHEMI101)

is it possible to have 2 off these in HA (deconz) - and on the energy dash board

Cannot for the life of me manage to pair this with my conbee 1 and deconz. I have tried pairing right next to the conbee (on an extension cord). I pair it as sensor, other. I do not see it in the node map in deconz. The green light stop blinking after a little while, but it doesn’t seem to actually pair.

I went with Zigbee2mqtt, as I found it had a wider range of supported devices and a more intuitive and detail UI for my needs.

Depending on how many devices you would potentially have to repair, give it a go. This device DEFINITELY works with it!

Thanks but that would be a last resort since I have about 80 devices.

this device is not appearing in zigbee2mqtt or if it is appearing it does not complete interview. Can someone please provide info how to reset it correctly ? Is there anything I can do to help it to complete the interview ? Got it working with ZHA in the past