Frequency of updates?

Hi

I have the HomeAssistant app runing on my Galaxy S10+, and use the data from there for device tracking.
But there seems to be some issues with the updating - and I am not sure why.
Today, I want to a ride in my car - and it seems like the tracking was working very well in one direction, but not the other way (visible on the map as one direction is indicated with a lot of dots close to each other - and the other direction is just a straight line from one location to the other).
I have configured the phone, so that the App always has access to location data, and never should be put into sleep mode.
I had google maps running with navigation in both directions - so the phone/screen was on…

Any hints on what could be the issue ? Or is there another way to do the device tracking, where regular updates works (also if the screen of the phone is off) ?

Regards
Brian

One thing to check would be whether you need to allow it access to the GPS when running in the background. I’ve had that bite me on Android 10.

I don’t use the official app for tracking though, I use GPSLogger and have for the last few years (since long before the official app was even a twinkle in a developers eye). That’s never let me down, and can be controlled through Tasker too which is a win for me.

Try these steps, it sounds like the app was getting killed in the background: https://companion.home-assistant.io/docs/troubleshooting/faqs/#location-is-not-updating-in-android-app

Will try to check up on it…