Frequent IP ban from mobile app

Since HA 2023.11 I have been getting frequent, almost daily IP bans from my iPhone running the HA companion app. I have reset the frontend cache in the app, I have reset the app completely and logged back in successfully. This is not a credential issue as my login works on the webpage and other devices. But for some reason the app tries to login and it fails too many times and HA bans the IP. The app runs in the background and all I am doing is launching the app. Next thing I know is I have a persistent notification that says the IP was banned for too many failed logins. I have not changed my account password recently and the login works.

iPhone 13 Pro Max on iOS 16.7.2
Latest available HA Companion app from the App Store

Is anyone else experiencing this? I could turn off the IP ban setting in HA, but I’d rather like to know what’s going on and how to fix it instead.

I have also run into a few situations where the app will show an error with a button to reload the GUI and it doesn’t. I have to force close the app and reopen it. I’ve also had a situation a number of times where the gear in the lower right corner of the screen will flash repeatedly like it is trying to login or load but it never does and I have to force close the app and releaunch again.

I am experiencing the exact same problem, but have not been able to find a solution. In my case it only seems to affect the Iphone app. I have several Android devices that never have this problem. Finding the root cause would be great.

I checked my error logs and it has something to do with the frequent calls to the API to fill a calendar card I have. It’s not the card itself that’s causing the failed login, rather the call to the API is.

I’m getting this recently too.
I’m using Android though so I’ll probably start a new post.