Fresh install - /config permission issue

Just installed a fresh Hass.io image. Ran the hassio homeassistant check command and noticed this error right at the top (this snip is from a later date :wink: ):

core-ssh:~# hassio homeassistant check
Error on homeassistant/check: starting version 3.2.2
Testing configuration at /config
2017-11-22 17:23:03 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.bootstrap] Unable to setup error log /config/home-assistant.log (access denied)
2017-11-22 17:23:17 INFO (MainThread) [homeassistant.setup] Setting up recorder

Added a simple Mysensors Hub using the code from components/mysensors/ which now also creates an error when checking then config:

2017-11-22 17:23:18 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.config] Invalid config for [mysensors]: /config directory does not exist or is not writetable for dictionary value @ data[‘mysensors’][‘gateways’][0][‘persistence_file’]. Got ‘/config/mysensors.json’
not a valid value for dictionary value @ data[‘mysensors’][‘gateways’][0][‘device’]. Got ‘/dev/ttyUSB0’. (See /config/configuration.yaml, line 70). Please check the docs at MySensors - Home Assistant
2017-11-22 17:23:18 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.setup] Setup failed for mysensors: Invalid config.

Tried modding the config all sorts of ways - but no matter what the /config error remains…
Any pointers are welcome :slight_smile:

Running Hassio version 0.74

Sounds like a permissions problem for the config directory. For the USB problem, I don’t know what devices hass.io can see. It’s probably similar to how you have to set up a z-wave USB dongle. So you could look at those docs.

I get the same thing running hassio homeassistant check, running 0.59.2. It’s not permissions–I changed /config and /config/home-assistant.log to 777 and the error still shows.

My problem turned out to be a syntax error in configuration.yaml.

1 Like