Fresh start required

Hi all,

I’m quite new to Home Assistant (Running version Home Assistant 2023.3.6) and have been adding and removing devices to see what is possible.

The problems I encountered are the following:

1. Hue Devices: Lots of ‘entities not available’ and lighting scenes showing up with yellow bang icon

2. Tuya IoT integration. Managed to get this working, but they only allow free access for 1 to 6 months for accessing their IoT Core service, after which one has to pay over 25k (Which is clearly not aimed at end users). Not willing to spend 25k for managing 2 powerstrips and a IR/RF transmitter, they left behind a mess of unmanaged entities

3. Brother Printer: When switched off, it clutters the dashboard with a gazillion unreachable entitties

4. I am unable to make effective scheduling: For instance, I want to run a Fibaro socket for 1 hour, every two weeks. In the automation I got so many entries it is overwhlming and the triggers don’t seem to allow for scheduling like I need

My questions:

1. I’d like to wipe my entire configuration for Home Assistant (Except for my admin access). How can I best do this (SSH access is installed)?

2. How can I keep Hue and other services (Tuya, Brother etc) from making a total mess of everything?

3. Is it possible to automatically hide specific devices that are currently not powered on, to only show up when that specific device is powered on?

4. Is it possible to add Tuya device management (4 powersockets in an extension, and a couple of other small items) without needing IoT Core from them

5. Scheduling: Are plugins available that make scheduling a bit easier :wink:

Any help is greatly appreciated :slightly_smiling_face:

But you have a lot of construction sites and many questions at once. zu1 so, as I understand it, you want to start everything at the beginning, then ideally set it up again before you delete something that is needed and you then have to do it again. zu2 What do you mean by confused, do you mean the standard dashboard? zu3 yes, there is a condition card for that. zu4 you can try Local Tuya. zu5 there is calendar integration. And another tip, don’t try to set everything up once and maybe use a second system for testing or make regular backups.

[image]