Frigate Mobile App Notifications 2.0

I’ve asked the mods to add a note to the first post. Hopefully that helps out people googling and coming to this thread.

1 Like

Thank you for this great Blueprint!

Everything works fine and I get notifications as requested. But when I am not in the same network, I only get the message but not the thubnail. I do not have an external url, is this required?

Not based on a small test I just did which worked

Which blueprint are you using?
Android or IOS?
Do you have access to home assistant when not at home?

Uhhh… I upgraded to the latest blueprint and the first notification I got just showed this instead of “Person”… Weird, we’ll see if it continues next time…

Stable or beta?

That was Stable, all I did was copy and paste the new blueprint, I never changed anything in the config.

There’s no config entry for that function, so it’s weird it’s affecting you and not me. I did change how it worked though so I’ll PM you a different one to test

Thanks, here it is happening again, hopefully new one fixes it.

I actually can’t pm them because of character limits.

I updated both on GitHub with two alternate methods. Try either

Edit: just saw it happen to me too FYI. So hopefully that fixes it now

1 Like

Thanks, Ill go check it out now and copy/paste the new one. Hopefully, it fixes it.

EDIT: Copied the new stable version.

Thanks for the quick reply!
It’s the same with your example: in the same network I get the image, in another network I don’t get the image but I get the message.

I use the “stable” blueprint and an android app. When I am not at home, I do not have access to Home Assistant. I thought that here everything works via Firebase without access from the outside. Or does that not apply to images?

I’m still new to the topic and have a lot to learn…

I would have expected this to be the case too but perhaps it is not working with the frigate api links.

Did you already try sending one manually using the dev tools service like in my image?

I have. In the same network I get text and image, in another network I get again only the text.

Hmm okay, definitely points to something other than the blueprint. Can you send an image placed in the www folder using /local/imagename.jpg

This is fixed now, thanks!

1 Like

I just had this weird behaviour where I would receive a notification from the blueprint on my iOS device without any attachment or action visible.
The message text was shown though.

Turns out that my iOS device was registered twice with Home Assistant and after selecting the device that is associated with the newer Home Assistant registration, everything works again.

While this is certainly not caused by the blueprint, I thought I’ll leave this here for the case someone else will have the same issue.

1 Like

Has anyone noticed that the (Optional) Notification Color don’t appear to work anymore…

It is the same here: It works from the same network, from another network only a message appears.

Could you share more information about your setup. Device type, blueprint version etc

That’s a shame. Like you, I expected the image should still work, perhaps there is a setting we can look at in the HA app. What I’ll do is try to test it myself by removing my baseurl from the app.

I’m using your latest blueprint 14b. Notifications on Android.