Frigate Mobile App Notifications 2.0

You would need to copy and publish an mqtt message like frigate does.

Alternatively, I tend to just physically go into my cameras field of view to trigger an event.

1 Like

Becouse I travel now canā€™t go to the camera that why I want test it

No worries, you will need something like mqtt explorer where you can first copy a frigate event and then paste a copy of a new event to effectively trigger the event again.

What issues are you having? perhaps we can troubleshoot another way

1 Like

Iā€™m outside my country, I connect my camera to the network and I can see it in frigate after that o travel, I connecte ro my home assistant remotely to step the automation but canā€™t make it work, now I know will not work manually,

So I want to test it

Thank you

Can you share your automation yaml?

Clip / Snapshot work, seems like the silence doesnt really silenceā€¦ its set to 30 mins but i was getting notifications every few mins when I was working out the front.

I have Hassio on a intel nuc with a USB Coral using the Frigate Add-On / Integration / Card all via HACS

What is the end part of the url when you open frigate tab in home assistant.

end part of the URL is ccab4aaf_frigate-fa/dashboard

Okay so thatā€™s why that doesnā€™t work. The open frigate option you selected in the blueprint is not the full access (fa) version so the url is wrong.

You can edit it in yaml to correct it for now.

Were you always within frame? Or was it new events?

Is it possible to swap between different versions of blueprints (Stable/Beta) , whilst maintaining already existing matching config options?

This would be fantastic if it can be doneā€¦

I feel like it used to work in the UI but Iā€™m not totally sure thatā€™s true.

Iā€™ve observed lately that it does reset if you swap between them.

Edit: If you edit the path in yaml mode it works. e.g change Stable to Beta

use_blueprint:
  path: SgtBatten/Stable.yaml
1 Like

Can adding this code update the blueprint automatically with the new code or do you still have to copy/paste the updated code?

Unfortunately, there doesnā€™t seem to be an update function for blueprints just yet so copy and paste is the way to update.

1 Like

Ah thanks, thats fineā€¦ would be a nice add though @ HA Devsā€¦x

There is a script out there to automatically update: https://github.com/koter84/HomeAssistant_Blueprints_Update/

1 Like

Ok thanks I will play around

I should have always been in frame, I was working on the garden and moving around and my phone kept going off, I tried silent a few times but then gave up and turned the automation off.

Keen to investigate this. The way the silence function works is it should disable the automation for the set minutes then reenable itself. it does not stop the current event notifications so there is potential that you staying in frame could go on for a long time despite the automation being disabled. If you left frame at any point though a new event would have been created in frigate indicating so.

Iā€™ve tested the silence function in the past by setting the timer to 1 minute and watching the automation disable and reenable itself, but that doesnā€™t mean thereā€™s now not something broken with it.

Found the issue. Two lines are reversed in the blueprint.

If you click on the action button 3 dropdown you will see ā€œSilence New Notificationsā€ listed twice. Selecting anything else will then make one of them disappear, revealing the working one.

Iā€™ll fix it tonight.

ahh nice :slight_smile: glad it was an easy fixā€¦ I was going to test tonight but saved me the hassle :slight_smile:
whilst your at it, I found a typo in the description, 3rd action button description says second.

Also it seems like silence option can only be selected on the 3rd action but not for 1st or 2nd.