Frigate Mobile App Notifications 2.0

You could solve this with the custom filter in many ways, it really depends on what exactly you need.

If the presence filter stays as is then you can add a custom filter for the presence change being a certain time period prior at minimum. so if it only changed 2 minutes ago, return false as an example.

Thanks for your help.
I discovered that my nuc ip changed and frigate cannot communicate with mqtt server. Ip changed and re started working. Thanks for your help

so, as of 2023.11 it appears notification groups in configuration.yaml breaks this automation. Anyone know how to set up a group elsewhere? It doesnā€™t appear to be an option in helpers.

Could you describe the error?

Logger: homeassistant.components.automation
Source: components/automation/config.py:100
Integration: Automation (documentation, issues)
First occurred: 1:21:54 PM (21 occurrences)
Last logged: 3:45:29 PM

Blueprint 'Frigate Notification (0.11.0.12) - SgtB' generated invalid automation with inputs {'tv_transparency': '0%', 'camera': 'camera.laundry_stairs', 'base_url': 'redacted:8123', 'tv_size': 'large', 'tv_position': 'center', 'color': 'grey', 'labels': {}, 'state_filter': True, 'state_entity': 'alarm_control_panel.alarm_area_1', 'state_filter_states': ['armed_away', 'armed_home'], 'notify_group': 'all_phones'}: Unknown device 'False'
Blueprint 'Frigate Notification (0.11.0.12) - SgtB' generated invalid automation with inputs {'tv_transparency': '0%', 'camera': 'camera.backyard', 'base_url':redacted:8123', 'tv_size': 'large', 'tv_position': 'center', 'color': 'grey', 'labels': {}, 'state_filter': True, 'state_entity': 'alarm_control_panel.alarm_area_1', 'state_filter_states': ['armed_away', 'armed_home'], 'notify_group': 'all_phones'}: Unknown device 'False'
Blueprint 'Frigate Notification (0.11.0.12) - SgtB' generated invalid automation with inputs {'tv_transparency': '0%', 'camera': 'camera.veggie_garden', 'base_url': 'redacted:8123', 'tv_size': 'large', 'tv_position': 'center', 'color': 'grey', 'labels': {}, 'state_filter': True, 'state_entity': 'alarm_control_panel.alarm_area_1', 'state_filter_states': ['armed_away', 'armed_home'], 'notify_group': 'all_phones'}: Unknown device 'False'
Blueprint 'Frigate Notification (0.11.0.12) - SgtB' generated invalid automation with inputs {'tv_transparency': '0%', 'camera': 'camera.garage', 'base_url': 'redacted:8123', 'tv_size': 'large', 'tv_position': 'center', 'color': 'grey', 'labels': {}, 'state_filter': True, 'state_entity': 'alarm_control_panel.alarm_area_1', 'state_filter_states': ['armed_away', 'armed_home'], 'notify_group': 'all_phones'}: Unknown device 'False'
Blueprint 'Frigate Notification (0.11.0.12) - SgtB' generated invalid automation with inputs {'tv_transparency': '0%', 'camera': 'camera.front_yard', 'base_url': 'redacted:8123', 'tv_size': 'large', 'tv_position': 'center', 'color': 'grey', 'labels': {}, 'state_filter': True, 'state_entity': 'alarm_control_panel.alarm_area_1', 'state_filter_states': ['armed_away', 'armed_home'], 'notify_group': 'all_phones'}: Unknown device 'False'

I realised my blueprint was out of date but when I try and create an automation using the latest stable I get an error as well.

The error on the new blueprint seems the same, ā€œMessage malformed: unknown device ā€˜Falseā€™ā€

As soon as I remove the notify group it works fine.

Can you share your notify group yaml?

And what is its state in developer tools

Hey mate, it doesnt show up in developer tools, configuration.yaml notify group is below;

notify:
  - name: all_phones
    platform: group
    services:
      - service: mobile_app_iphone
      - service: mobile_app_other_iphone

Yep sorry thatā€™s true, it doesnā€™t.

Have your device names or IDs possible changed?

If you temporarily create another group with a new name does it change the blueprint behaviour?

created a new group, same error message when I try to save ā€œMessage malformed: unknown device ā€˜Falseā€™ā€

Can you send the group a notification using the services tab?

I forget the exact error, the automation icon turned red and it said something to the effect of automation canā€™t start.

Picking a device in the mobile devices dropdown gets rid of the error, It appears the automation wonā€™t run unless you have a mobile device picked (it says it can be left blank, which was true before). Hopefully the notification group overrides it, it would be annoying to get double notifications. Itā€™s 2:30am here though and Iā€™m not going outside to trigger it right now, Iā€™ll find out tomorrow.

Canā€™t save changes without picking one either it seems.

Running 12.0.1 stable if it makes a difference, I havenā€™t tried the beta.

Edit: Manually sending a notification to the group in question using developer tools works as expected.

Yeah still works fine, just tested it then. I use it for a ton of automations

Can you please try editing the blueprint,

In the notify device section change default: false to default: ''

I have not updated so iā€™m somewhat guessing. you need to reload automations before the change will take effect.

Nope still no good, gettign the same error. I modified the blueprint and rebooted home assistant but get the same error

Can you please confirm the version you are using? is it just an old file name image

Also, I am updating (YOLO) as i mainly use single device notifications so iā€™ll see if i can replicate on a test automation

Okay yep I immediately see the same issue. Seems they are enforcing a valid device suddenly in the device selector.

Good news is that using a group overrides the device anyway, so you can select one, and it shouldnā€™t change anything as far as your notifications go.

5 Likes

Ah yep thats it, as soon as I selected a device it works. Thanks again mate!

That seems to be the case.

Probably best to update the description field to reflect that you need to choose something in order to function at all, but it appears to work fine if both are filled out.

Thank you for a great blueprint!

I have multiple cameras and have setup notifications for all of them. However, I would like to have a cooldown covering all of the cameras. I.e. if a person turns up on one camera, one notification is enough during the cooldown time. Is there any way to accomplish this?