Frigate Mobile App Notifications

I have this running.

One issue, has anyone been able to improve the load time of the camera feed? My cameras are all on the local network but the load time of the stream when this notification pops up still takes a handful of seconds which isn’t ideal when you are thinking about your front door. Is there anyway to preload the streams on another server? I am streaming from Blue Iris which I assumed was the most effective.

This is possible by creating a group entity with the devices you want to group together: Group - Home Assistant

Does anyone else get 404 errors when opening attachments? They open with in the HA app. my HA instance is behind Nginx Proxy Manager. The notification displays an image fine.

Edit: Seems that it might be related to the fact the default option in the list is to view clip. I dont have clips enabled hence the 404. If i view snapshot it opens the image but it still shows it in the app and i have no UI other than just an image.

2 Likes

I skimmed through this thread and didn’t see someone post this issue.

On iOS. When I click on the notification, takes me to the snapshot but I can’t seem to exit out of the image and cannot access rest of the app. Anyone else figure out how to exit out of just seeing the screenshot?

4 Likes

Literally posted that above your comment :smiley:

Many thanks for this awesome blueprint.
Also having the same issue as above, when clicking on and loading the screenshot I am then unable to exit it and or get back in to the HA app (ios).

I note when getting stuck like this, if I exit the app (although being ios it never actually refreshes anything) and reopen the app I get the yellow cog bottom right of app screen (connection) and the only way I can solve this is to switch from wifi to 4g or vice versa to get the connection and therefore the app back

1 Like

One Question, i want to get notified between 11pm and 8am. How to configure this condition into the blueprint?

I see the same thing, its not just you :smiley: Not a fix, but slightly easier than toggling wifi. Go into the IOS HA App > App Configuration > General > Turn off “Remember Last Page”. Now when you kill the app and re-open it, you will land on the main page.

4 Likes

Thanks Chris your a star, never thought of that, it actually makes my life easier as I often lock the app up testing things I have created that don’t work :+1:t2:

I added a channel to this but did not work, any suggest?

ttl: 0
    priority: high
    channel: alarm_stream

Just wanted to bump this, love this blueprint hi but this clip-escape issue is really strange

The reason it opens in Home Assistant on iOS instead of Safari is because the iOS app tries to be “helpful” and opens any links with the same external URL as your HA instance inside the app.

I solved this by creating a new subdomain and proxying it to my HA instance, then setting the new DIFFERENT domain as the “base URL” in this blueprint. That will force the links to open in Safari. This obviously only works if you aren’t using Nabu Casa remote access.

You can also force the app to open the main dashboard every time in App Configuration → General → Uncheck “Remember Last Page”

I love the blueprint. However, I have zones setup and I still get alerts even though I tell the automation to only alert inside the zone. When viewing the trace, this section

'{{ not zone_only or entered_zones|length > 0 }}'

Shows this result:

" This node was not executed and so no further trace information is available. "

Is it not getting any zone information from the integration?

This blueprint is awesome! Thank you.

Do anyone know if it is possible to internationalize blueprints?

Here is the payload when it alerts:

payload: >-
      {"before": {"id": "1630108494.379011-pohik5", "camera": "driveway",
      "frame_time": 1630108494.575657, "label": "person", "top_score":
      0.68359375, "false_positive": false, "start_time": 1630108494.379011,
      "end_time": null, "score": 0.68359375, "box": [485, 67, 511, 151], "area":
      2184, "region": [340, 0, 640, 300], "current_zones": [], "entered_zones":
      [], "thumbnail": null}, "after": {"id": "1630108494.379011-pohik5",
      "camera": "driveway", "frame_time": 1630108498.981612, "label": "person",
      "top_score": 0.689453125, "false_positive": false, "start_time":
      1630108494.379011, "end_time": null, "score": 0.67578125, "box": [484, 67,
      508, 156], "area": 2136, "region": [340, 0, 640, 300], "current_zones":
      [], "entered_zones": [], "thumbnail": null}, "type": "update"}

The entered zones is empty yet I have a setting for it not to alert unless entering the zone.

This is the automation config:

description: ''
use_blueprint:
  path: hunterjm/frigate_notification.yaml
  input:
    camera: driveway
    notify_device: f4dfb8...c24c6c
    zone_filter: true
    zones:
      - drivewayclosein
    labels:
      - person
    cooldown: 60

Great BluePrint. Thanks for your job.

I don’t know why it’s not working for me… My setup is simple as could be… All running on Home Assistant Blue.

alias: Driveway Motorcycle Notification
description: ''
use_blueprint:
  path: hunterjm/frigate_notification.yaml
  input:
    camera: Driveway
    notify_device: bc7363883226ffdc36652f57524aff37
    labels:
      - motorcycle

camera.driveway_motorcycle contains a snapshot of when the last motorcycle was detected.

Any help appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Case matters. Is your camera in Frigate defined as Driveway or driveway

cameras:
  Driveway:
    ffmpeg:
      inputs:
        - path: rtsp://admin:[email protected]/cam/realmonitor?channel=1&subtype=0
          roles:
            # - rtmp
            - clips
        - path: rtsp://admin:[email protected]/cam/realmonitor?channel=1&subtype=2
          roles:
            - detect
    width: 1920
    height: 1080
    fps: 5
    objects:
      track:
        - person
        - car
        - motorcycle
        - truck
        - cat
        - dog
    rtmp:
      enabled: False
    clips:
      enabled: True
      pre_capture: 5
      post_capture: 5
      retain:
        default: 3

Edit: Figured it out - can’t have a trailing slash when you enter the Base URL.

Anyone get this working using a Nabu Casa external URL? I added my Nabu Casa URL to the (Optional) Base URL section as such: https://redacted.ui.nabu.casa/

When testing the automation, I just see an error in my HA logs:

Logger: homeassistant.components.automation.notify_person_in_backyard
Source: components/automation/__init__.py:454
Integration: Automation ([documentation](https://www.home-assistant.io/integrations/automation), [issues](https://github.com/home-assistant/home-assistant/issues?q=is%3Aissue+is%3Aopen+label%3A%22integration%3A+automation%22))
First occurred: 5:41:32 PM (1 occurrences)
Last logged: 5:41:32 PM

Error rendering variables: UndefinedError: 'dict object' has no attribute 'payload_json'