Frigate Mobile App Notifications

Blueprint worked immediately, except the notification opened the link in my android browser instead of the HA app. I believe it’s because I use a custom domain and not a home assistant cloud URL. Know of any way to get it to open in the app instead?

Hi Mark,
I am working on the same security issue you described.
So far I tried:

1. Mapping the frigate clips folder to the www folder in home assistant (I run both HA and Frigate as dockers on the same machine), Didn’t work because the www folder is not protected in home assistant.
  2. Mapping the frigate clips to the media folder (works but sends the authentication Token as a part of the URL, I have no idea how to generate such tokens but I dropped this method because it’s still very insecure.
  3. I am now working on securing the frigate docker using ngnix and Authelia, I have no Idea if this will work when sending an image in a notification though.

did you figure it out? can you share what you did try?

Wondering if it would be possible to add another event filter (or maybe I should call it an include). Similarly to the presence filter that only sends notifications if the person is not “home”, I would also like a filter that ALWAYS sends notifications if my alarm panel is in any state of “arm” (for my alarm, either armed_home or armed_away). Basically whether I’m home or not, if my alarm is armed, I’d like to know if someone is around my house. I suppose I could also write another automation that switched this automation on and off based on the status of the alarm.

Im having this issue too.
I set the notification up via the blueprint to report on - person in the - front zone but im getting multiple notifications every time a person is picked up anywhere on the image. Its also ignoring the cooldown option which is set/enabled.
Can anyone suggest a fix?

They seem to only work with a standalone Frigate installation (and therefore only in your house unless you have Frigate exposed somehow to the Internet).

I spent a few hours looking at this blueprint but as I know next to nothing about coding I just about managed to work out how it worked yet alone attempt a fix…

P.S switching to separate Frigate and home assistant containers didn’t fix this notification issue either. It’s annoying as this blueprint/automation is clearly getting the zone information.

Yeah, I still have both of them issues, no fix yet sadly :frowning: .

A very poor workaround is disabling detection during the event, say cutting your lawn.

Same here bud.
A temp fix is to completely mask off all areas that you don’t want to be notified of. Fairly limiting but save the millions of unwanted notifications :slight_smile:

I am getting this error after updating the BP, what does it mean?. I am sending notifications to my phone

Error: Unable to find notify service for webhook ID

Edit: I think the problem is that I have a new phone which I renamed as the old phone but the automation uses the old hex string device id so the new phone doesn’t exist. Can you please fix this and use the pretty device name?

@hunterjm I just updated to 2022.6.3 and I am having issues with the notification blueprint and was wondering if you or anyone else has seen this:

Logger: homeassistant.components.automation.frigate_front_yard_camera_notification
Source: components/automation/__init__.py:470
Integration: Automation 
First occurred: 3:30:19 PM (8 occurrences)
Last logged: 3:44:08 PM

Error rendering variables: ValueError: Template error: int got invalid input 'unknown' when rendering template '{{ fps_value|int if is_number(fps_value) or 5 }}' but no default was specified

I am seeing the correct MQTT events when I listen to the frigate/events topic, so that part is working. I am running Frigate 0.10.1-83481AF, Frigate Integration 2.3, and of course Core 2022.6.3 on HAOS 8.1

“or” should be “else” in the line:

fps: "{{ fps_value|int if is_number(fps_value) else 5 }}

2 Likes

I don’t know if this is useful to anyone but I modified this already great blueprint to add door sensor selection which will not fire a notification if door is open. Use case for me was still wanting notification when we’re home but not when we’re opening the door to let the dog out. It was only 3 lines but happy to share if anyone is interested.

please do. I was looking at this only yesterday. I was wanting to not have a notification if the door was just opened. i.e it’s me coming from inside vs someone arriving from outside.

I’m not a coder but was able to get this to work. I forked @hunterjm gist for easy sharing of the changes I made. If it makes sense to cleanup and consolidate into the master, please let me know if I can help in anyway. Frigate 0.10 Notifications · GitHub
I made the changes directly into the blueprint yaml already imported into HA and the formatting was a little different there. I made the gist match the formatting in there but just in case you make the changes directly, there is different formatting for some of it like the template.

Thank you. This fixed my issue. Strange that you and I seem to be the only ones reporting it.

1 Like

has anyone got this blueprint working with 0.11 beta of frigate? I upgraded but it seems to have broken the blueprint. Hopefully a 0.11 version is in the works!

Did you change your integration path? It works for me.

can you elaborate? you mean change the code of the blueprint?

Your integration should look like the screenshot. Nothing changed in v0.11 that would have broken the blueprint.

You should be using ccab4aaf-frigate-beta:5000

yeh I have a working integration but the blueprint seems to have stopped working. Ok i’lll have another look at it

thanks

1 Like

Go to automations and find the blueprint automation is it firing?