Frigate Mobile App Notifications

I’m using version 10 of the blueprint and it fails, showing this error:

Is this a known issue? How do I tell what line in the blueprint this references? There are lots of “before” references in the code.

1 Like

Having same problem.
Video/Picture starts normally, then popup this error

Has anyone else stopped getting notifications lately? I haven’t made any changes on my end, and the events are there in Frigate but I’m not getting notified.

1 Like

I’m having issues with notifications being up to 5 hours delayed. I’m not sure what’s going on all of a sudden… Example, my truck was “leaving” today around 11:38AM, and then the notification fired this evening about 8 hours later. Super weird.

Did you ever figure this out? I’ve narrowed it down to just inconsistent. When I left this morning, I was able to get notifications just fine. I suspect I will get my “coming home” ones WAY llate this evening. I will update if so, and if that’s the case, I’m a bit lost as to why.

Nope, still definitely missing notifications for events.

Yeah. Makes it unusable.

Hey,

For some reason since setting up a single zone filter notifications are very few. The camera is recording them events from the correct zone but notifications are rarely coming through.

The zone name is 100% correct.

Without the zone filter 100s of notifications come though fine.

1 Like

I’ve recently been having issues with Frigate notifications.

I first noticed I would only receive notifications once I had arrived home… and determined that my push notifications were no longer working, only local notifications. To solve this, I reset my firebase connection in the Home Assistant app: Configuration > Companion App > Notifications > Reset (bottom option)

Once I had solved that issue, I was still having some issues with the notifications. That’s when I noticed that there is a new blueprint for Frigate 0.10, with an updated trigger - so I am now trying that out, to see if it helps at all.

UPDATE: I fixed all my frigate notification issues… I had to also re-configure my motions mask, as stationary object tracking has changed in Frigate 0.10, causing weird behaviour if you have motion masks mis-configured. See this GitHub issue for more info.

Does this definitely work?
I seem to be getting notifications for incorrect zones.
I went through the logic and can’t seem to find a fault but it sometimes triggers at one of the event updates even though in no iterations does my object go into the designated zone.
Awesome work regardless

1 Like

This blueprint is great… I see that active and critical iOS push notifications are supported.

Any chance that time-sensitive could be added? I find that is actually the more appropriate notification type. Right now, I just manually edit the blueprint to replace one of the others with that one.

Hi and thank you for this awesome creation!!

I have been “turning off” my notification automations when my garage door is open for about 12 months now so that I don’t get a notification when my own car is caught by my own cameras.

For about the last month, when the notification automation turns back on (approximately 5 mins later) I get the notification of my own car that has left 5 minutes prior. I understand this is the last detected car in the reel but in the past I would never be notified of past events unless they were triggered while the automation was ON.

Is there a better way of doing this or a fix for my issue?

Thanks again!
Tim

@tim.home.assist Did you upgrade to Frigate 0.10? If so, did you update the blueprint to the 0.10 version too?

Yeah mate I did, thank you. It fixed a couple of other issues but unfortunately not this :frowning:

Is there a way to make this work within a time window?

For example, I would not want notifications about my driveway cam when I am home AND it is not night time…but I would want them when I am home and it is night time. This way I can get alerted of any potential issues at lets say 2AM.

You can create a separate automation to turn the one created by the blueprint on or off at set times. This is also how the “silence” functionality works.

Any tricks to get this to work with Frigate 0.11.0? I need to run that version for HW acceleration on my Pi 4.

Frigate Notification (0.10.0) (latest version from the Github repo - but I have also tried the older version above
It currently completely ignores the following settings:
Zone Filter / Trigger Zones (one zone set but notifies for all events in other zones)
Cooldown (set to 40 seconds but spams every few seconds)

There were 300 shared notifications alone today from pretty low activity areas.

Looking at the debug logs:

payload_json:
    before:
      motionless_count: 0
      position_changes: 0
      current_zones: []
      entered_zones: []

after
      motionless_count: 1
      position_changes: 1
      current_zones:
        - doorpath
      entered_zones:
        - doorpath
      has_clip: true
      has_snapshot: false
(this is not the zone configured to alert)

Result:
result: true
## conditions/0
Executed: 22 April 2022, 22:16:45
Result:
result: true
## conditions/1
Result:
result: true entities: - automation.frigate_door_lg
## conditions/2
Result:
result: true entities: []

Blueprint config:
use_blueprint:
  path: hunterjm/frigate_0.10_notification.yaml
  input:
    camera: door
    notify_device: xxxxxxx
    critical: true
    zone_filter: true
    update_thumbnail: true
    cooldown: 40
    zones:
      - doorzone

Thanks in advance

Hi @mostlychris did you find a fix for this? Thanks

This is precisely what I did, just have an automation to toggle the regular automation for notifications during the day and to toggle off the night notifications. At a certain time, that automation then swaps the other automations.

I just want to say thank you very much for your blueprint. And if you ever create any changes, maybe this is a good idea to have as well.

I have not yet. I haven’t messed with it since I posted and have set up regular app notifications (no pictures or action options). I need to try again but haven’t had the chance. I was hoping that there was an update that would fix that issue in the meantime.

1 Like