Frigate Mobile App Notifications

Do you have the custom integration loaded and configured in Home Assistant? It is a prerequisite for this blueprint.

You only have until your configured “cooldown” period to respond to the Silence notification. Otherwise the automation is no longer running so nothing will happen. You are not able to silence from a stale notification.

1 Like

Yes I have the custom Frigate integration, but it is on my dedicated NVR home assistant instance on a rpi4, not my main HA instance on a NUC. I’d like to run this blueprint from my main HA instance, which doesn’t have Frigate. My main HA instance is listening to the frigate/events MQTT topic from the rpi running frigate. I know this is probably overcomplicating things!

It doesn’t matter where Frigate is running. It needs the custom Home Assistant integration, not MQTT: GitHub - blakeblackshear/frigate-hass-integration: Frigate integration for homeassistant

Thanks for your help - just to clarify - the custom home assistant integration has to be on the machine running the blueprint? Apologies if I’m not being clear (or probably just stupid!:blush:)

Yes all you need is the custom integration on the same machine as the blueprint is. Frigate itself can be anywhere

Sorry to be “that” guy, but I am apparently not smart enough to make this work. :expressionless:

• I have the frigate addon running in hassos
  • I have the custom integration installed via HACS
  • I am using the official home assistant iphone app
  • Everything with Frigate works fine, I can browse cameras and clips etc.
  • I have other (simple) notifications working to the same device (my iphone)

When I hit the run-actions in the automations section, nothing happens and this appears in my logs.

Logger: homeassistant.components.automation.frigate_front_notify
Source: components/automation/__init__.py:465
Integration: Automation ([documentation](https://www.home-assistant.io/integrations/automation), [issues](https://github.com/home-assistant/home-assistant/issues?q=is%3Aissue+is%3Aopen+label%3A%22integration%3A+automation%22))
First occurred: 7:41:44 AM (1 occurrences)
Last logged: 7:41:44 AM

Error rendering variables: UndefinedError: 'dict object' has no attribute 'payload_json'

Truly appreciate any help. I have run out of google foo and random trial and error solutions.

Any advice?

RESOLVED: For anyone with the same error - apparently the “run actions” button wont work for this notification. If I actually go stand in front of the camera and cause a real detection it works just fine.

3 Likes

REQUEST:

Include ttl, priority and channel as configuration options

6 Likes

Excellent integration. Everything is working fine for me with one exception. When I silence notifications I’m still getting them. For insstance, I have my front door set to 1 second cooldown and 5 minute silence. I get the notification picture on my android phone, and click silence notification, then test again, (within the 5 minute silence period), and I get a new alert. Is there a good way to test whether the callback to silence the notification is working? I have a port forward setup through my router so my Hass.io is accessible remotely but this testing is done on my local wifi, so I don’t think anything at the router is blocking me. I’m not getting any errors in the home-assistant.log either.

1 Like

If you read up 7-8 messages you will see the explanation for that.

You only have until your configured “cooldown” period to respond to the Silence notification. Otherwise the automation is no longer running so nothing will happen. You are not able to silence from a stale notification.

1 Like

Thanks! Moved custom integration to my main HA instance, now everything is working brilliantly - love this!!!

Great blueprint!
@hunterjm
Could you maybe add an optional feature, which allows for before zones?
i.e. a notification will only be sent if I have entered zone 1 before I enter zone 2 ? (the notification gets triggered at zone 2)
This can be used to determine the direction an object is walking to.
I am currently using MQTT for this by having the following as a conditions:
{{ 'zone1' in trigger.payload_json['before']['current_zones'] }}
{{ 'zone2' in trigger.payload_json['after']['current_zones'] }}

2 Likes

thank you Great blueprint

Getting a 404 error for the image when it pops up in a iOS notification. Haven’t been able to find where the issue lies. Any hints?

Image shows appropriately in the media folder.

6/6 update: Apple Watch displays the image correctly while the 404 error only exists within the iOS companion app.

That makes sense. Thanks for this excellent blueprint and for the work you’ve been doing on Frigate. The pace of progress is truly amazing!

Great blueprint. Thanks for creating it. Would be great to be able to set a notification threshold. I currently use a top score of .70 before I trigger a notification.

2 Likes

Is it possible to add a sensor condition to this? I.e. if my front door was just opened, I don’t want the notification.

2 Likes

You could disable the automation when the door is opened and re-enable it after a chosen delay so you don’t mess with the automation itself

2 Likes

Thanks! I just edited the blueprint to include a sensor entity filter. Seems to be working

1 Like

Excited about this Blueprint. However, I’m having difficulty getting it to trigger. In troubleshooting, I created a basic automation to trigger on frigate/events and send a notification to my phone - everything works as expected. With this Blueprint, howvever, it always says it was never triggered and there are no suspicious logs. Any suggestions would be appreciated.