Fritz!Box Tools integration adding hundrets of new devices

I switched to cable internet recently and got a new router with it (FRITZ!Box 6660 Cable). After implementing it into home assistant and letting it run for a month I noticed that home assistant got significantly slower and wasn’t responding from time to time. It seemed like this issue was caused by the Fritz!Box Tools integration that suddenly had well over 200 devices even though in my network there are only around 20.
Most of these new devices where named something like e.g. “PC-12-E1-EC-40-C7-CF”

I just reinstalled the integration and after only 3 hours it already created 20 new devices (as seen in the picture).

Is there any way to fix this or at least stop the integration from adding new devices?

The integration works as intended.

You have to look, why there are constantly new devices added in the modem itself. It may be only one device, which gets a new IP adres on every connection.

Working with fixed IP’s would completely stop this from happening.

Anyway, this problem has to be solved on the modem side, not in HA.

Half way true.

In the past, there were an option in Fritzbox Tools für wich connected devices, you want to have a device with tracker, entity, etc. in HA. They removed this option so for every WLAN/LAN device there is now a devices created.

I still wonder who ever want to have for all LAN/WLAN devices a Fritzbox tool device in HA. I don’t want it either.

I don’t use it too.
Stil, the integration does not suck the entities out of it’s thumb. If it creates an entity, it does exist in the modem it self. :wink:
The next problem, man can await, if nothing is done, is getting out of IP’s, so network connectivity issues.

How do I know? I’m a Fritz user for many years, been there, solved it. How? Using DHCP with reserved IP’s. Any time a new device enters the WiFi, I log in to the modem and reserve it’s last used IP.

I have like 250 Devices in ~50 Devices environment. Every device that enters your network creates entities. If you play around with Proxmox, for example, every container or vm creates a new device.

For me still unbelievable, why there es no exclude/include list/pattern possible anymore. The main purpose of this integration is for me not the tracking devices stuff, but the box sensors ans switches.