Fritzbox call monitor automation for alexa

Hi folks,

I’m working on my fritzbox call monitor automation. Target is that Alexa is telling me, who is calling. So far everything works well but I have a small problem in my automation.

- id: '1578830495122'
  alias: Anruferansage
  description: ''
  trigger:
  - entity_id: sensor.telefon_festnetz
    platform: state
    to: ringing
  condition: []
  action:
  - data:
      data:
        type: tts
      message: Anruf von {{ state_attr('sensor.telefon_festnetz', 'from_name') }} ({{ state_attr('sensor.telefon_festnetz', 'from') }})
    service: notify.alexa_media_buero

With this automation, Alexa tells me first the name from the caller and then the number from the caller.
How can I change the automation that Alexa is only telling me the number, when the contact is not in the phone book? When the caller is not in the phone book, it gives back “unknown”.

Thanks in advance,
Andy

Check if ‘from’ is equal to ‘unknown’, if it is exclude this part from the message.

But as far as I know HA couldn’t read the FritzBox phonebook (FRITZ!OS: [07.12] installed).

Thanks for the hint. My code is working now.
Reading the phonebook works fine.

- id: '1578830495122'
  alias: Anruferansage ohne Name
  description: ''
  trigger:
  - entity_id: sensor.telefon_festnetz
    platform: state
    to: ringing
  condition:
  - condition: template
    value_template: "{{ states.sensor.telefon_festnetz.attributes.from_name == 'unknown' }}"
  action:
  - data:
      data:
        type: tts
        method: all
      message: Anruf von {{ state_attr('sensor.telefon_festnetz', 'from') }}
    service: notify.alexa_media_buero

1 Like

Great!

I would try something shorter like this. Replaces the message-line in your original code (I’m not sure about the brackets):

message: Anruf von {% if not (state_attr("sensor.telefon_festnetz", 'from_name') == 'unknown') -%}} {{ state_attr('sensor.telefon_festnetz', 'from_name') }}{%- endif %} ({{ state_attr('sensor.telefon_festnetz', 'from') }})