FritzBox Detect Users in Guest Wifi

Hello everybody,

I am looking for an option to detect if any devices are in my guest wifi using the FritzBox integration.
Is there any way to do that?

Thank you in advance and best regards
Simon

Currently, it does not look as if this is possible with the Fritzbox integration without further ado. However, it should be possible without major problems with IP range scanning via nmap: Nmap Tracker - Home Assistant

Simply scan the IP range of your guest network for new devices

The devices inside the guest network should already get tracked by the FritzBox integration. I wouldn’t know of any setting to prevent that… :slight_smile:

Go to Settings > Devices & Services (Einstellungen > Geräte & Dienste), click on the arrow on the right of AVM Fritz!Box Tools and then on xx devices (xx Geräte). In this list are all devices listed, that have connected at least once to the FritzBox (it is the same list that you get in the FB admin interface under Home Net > Network (Heimnetz > Netzwerk)). If not, there must be some other error.

Thank you for the answers so far!
Do those devices have a flag which shows that they are in the guest wifi? Ideally it would be great if there would be one binary sensor just being on when there it at least one device in the guest WiFi and off if there are no devices in the guest WiFi

No, they are displayed the same as the devices in your main network. That’s why I suggested a seperate nmap tracker.

I can’t access the guest network from my home server.
I have choosen the following template to identify assets in the guest wifi:

{% set devices = states.device_tracker| selectattr('state', 'eq', 'home')
                                      | selectattr('attributes.ip', 'defined')
                                      | selectattr('attributes.ip','match','192.168.179.')
                                      |list %}
{{ devices |count > 0 }}
1 Like

You could open a feature request on Github. The underlying package “fritzconnection” does provide more info for the guest network, at least it provides the SSID of the network, the device is connected to.