Fritzbox internet access entity not available

Hello Home Assistant community,

maybe you can give me some hints how to get the Internet Access features (parental control) working.
I have the devices and their entity (e.g. switch.echodot_internet_access) visible.
Unfortunately, the internet access devices are all “unavailable”, message is “This entity is no longer being provided by the fritz integration. If the entity is no longer in use, delete it in settings.” - but the device is there.

I am using advanced mode (my user → advanced mode). I have enabled both TR-064 and UPnP as written in the Fritz integration docs.

Any hints how I can get those internet access switches enabled? What am I missing?

thanks a lot!

Hello,

I am facing the same problem.
After removing an reinitializing the fritz integration, all “internet access devices” were avaliable. About 15 minutes later, all of them “became unavailable” (according to Logbook).

Any ideas?

Hi Roger,

I found a solution for my problem:
I’m using mesh with multiple repeaters. If I don’t add this repeaters to the integrations, all switches stay available.
My steps:

1. DELETE the current fritz-integrations (FritzBox, Repeaters)
  2. Restart Homeassistant
  3. When prompted for new devices, only add the FritzBox. Ignore all repeaters.

Also, my FritzBox was found twice, I think I also ignored the second one.

Result: All switches stay available!

Regards,
Robert

thanks a lot @aldmaran / Robert for the hints.

In the meantime, I have reactivated a shell script (from here) which allows me to do similar things.

The hint with the mesh is a really good one, I have a mesh running. I will check your proposal during the next days.

hallo @aldmaran / Robert,
I just gave it a try. I can toggle the switches. They still become unavailable sometimes, but then get restored. I will keep watching this.
In the meantime, me script still works. It does not allow to handle individual devices, but for my use case (stop echo devices’ internet access so my children do not use them without end) it works.

Hello,

I also use these switches for parental control.
For our PS4 we noticed, that the switch becomes status “unavailable”, when PS4 is switched off.
So it seemed unusable in case my wife want’s to prevent the PS4 being used, when she leaves the house.
Solved the problem with setting up an independent input button, that toggles the switch with automations.

- id: '1675111362893'
  alias: PS4 Internet
  description: ''
  trigger:
  - platform: state
    entity_id:
    - input_boolean.internet_ps4
    to: 'off'
  condition: []
  action:
  - service: switch.turn_off
    data: {}
    target:
      entity_id: switch.ps4_d0779a_internet_access
  mode: single

We tested, that this was working also, when the switch shows “unavailable” status.
I assume, that “unavailable” status is directly connected to the device-tracker of that device.
IMHO that doesn’t need to be that way - you can check in FritzBox web-frontend, that parental control can be switched for not cennocted devices, too.

Futhermore I noticed with that automation, that it takes quite long time to toggle the switch status - sometimes nearly 20 seconds.
Any idea regarding this, because sometimes one could think not having pressed the button correctly (but can check with logging feature).

Regards,
Matt

I had the same problem with Fritzbox’s device.tracker. My solution was to log into Fritzbox with a not-default account