From email to HA notification

I have few Dahua cameras (HDBW2541E-S).

These cameras have an email notification option, like when the voltage of the camera drops, and other similar email notification security options. I can set a smtp server details on the camera to send these emails.

I don’t think these notifications are exposed by the camera in any other way other than sending an email.

I don’t want to give internet to the cameras, even if only outbound (there are any problems with this in my specific configuration).

Is there a HA addon that can fake a smtp server, and translate email received through it to HA notifications? I couldn’t find any from my research.

Or do you have any suggestions on how I could solve this?

Thanks!

That sounds cumbersome, doesn’t it? :slight_smile: How are you connecting HA with your camera(s)? With the integration available via HACS?

If so, there should be an event for what you want.

Taken from the documentation of the integration:

Events: The integration will keep a connection open to the camera to capture motion events, alarm events, etc. You can select which events you want to monitor and report in HA. If no events are selected then the connection will no be created. If you want a specific event that’s not listed here open an issue and I’ll add it.

I am controlling the cameras through Frigate. Just tried the Dahua integration you mentioned and it exposes all the events already. Thank you! :slight_smile:

1 Like

You’re very welcome! :slight_smile: Thanks for reporting back!

1 Like

Actually the low voltage alarm is not exposed. But having the others is definitely better than having nothing.

1 Like

The developer/author seems nice! Just open an issue on his Github repo and he will look at it! :+1:

You do know how to do that? :slight_smile:

1 Like

I had an issue that prevented HA to start up on my first reboot after having installed the above integration. I disabled and everything came back to normal. I don’t know what was the cause and if the integration is related, but I disabled it for now. Will try more when I get some time in the future and report back. Thanks again for your help!

1 Like

it works fine now :slight_smile: thanks again!

1 Like