Fronius inverter integration

Did you update the community name in your codes for the ReadyNAS sensors?

I didn’t originally. So I went back and added community to the readynas sensors in HA. Now I have readynas sensors running but it still breaks the fronius integration.

Hmm…I think the fix is a bit inconsistent. Are you using the custom fronius integration by safepay ?

Yes the safepay integration.

I don’t think I can input much now. Maybe @nilrog or @safepay can help.

Hi Bob,

I did it via MODBUS, you can try it as well - i posted details here:

For temp values MODBUS is also a good option, however I did not bother with that. But the registers are there, the data can be read.

After updating the ha core to 2021.06 I re-enabled NAS SNMP sensors and it now works without breaking the fronius integration. Running fronius integration v0.95

hi, how did you solve the 0.0 in consumption?

thanks

Hi

Unfortunately, I am not using that card anymore. Maybe post your code and I can try to help identify the issue?

Thanks; sorry about my English but it is not my best skill.

I’m pretty new to HA, sticky with zwave for years… damm vera :slight_smile:

I use the Fronius safepay config and every it’s working pretty fine. Today a problem with some card.

I have a Fronius + smartmeter on feed, connected via modbus to the inverter. I don’t have a Powerflow equipment but not working fine if not selected.

sensor:
  - platform: fronius_inverter
    ip_address: 192.168.1.200
    powerflow: true
    power_units: kW
    units: kWh
    smartmeter: true

Yesterday I open a PVOUTPUT account and it is working fine, inverter and meter there.

- platform: pvoutput
    system_id: XXXXX
    api_key: YYYYYYYYYYYYY
    scan_interval: 150

1 .- Used energy kWh not working, I don’t know why. Maybe I can replace PVoutput with my utility_meter, it’s working fine in ENERGY DISTRIBUTION card.

utility_meter:
  # calculate daily energy consumed from grid (input must be in kWh)
  grid_consumed_energy_day:
    source: sensor.fronius_smartmeter_energy_ac_consumed
    cycle: daily
  # calculate daily energy sold to grid (input must be in kWh)
  grid_sold_energy_day:
    source: sensor.fronius_smartmeter_energy_ac_sold
    cycle: daily

2.- In POWER DISTRIBUTION I have KW and I prefer W. I can change in sensor platform: fronius_inverter but then dual gauges cards change too to W and I would like those in KW

3.- USE and SOLAR cards use KW in one are but Watts mixed with KW label in other. Since yesterday line graphs are not working as they should, stay flat.

for extra info I include my yaml

- platform: template
    sensors:
      power_consumption:
        value_template: >
          {% set pc = state_attr('sensor.pvoutput', 'power_consumption') %}
          {{ '0' if pc == 'NaN' else pc }}
        friendly_name: 'Using'
        unit_of_measurement: 'Watt'

energy_consumption:
        value_template: "{{ '{:.1f}'.format(state_attr('sensor.pvoutput', 'energy_consumption')|float/1000) }}"
        friendly_name: 'Used'
        unit_of_measurement: 'kWh'

power_generation:
          {% set pg = state_attr('sensor.pvoutput', 'power_generation') %}
          {{ '0' if pg == 'NaN' else pg }}
        friendly_name: 'Generating'
        unit_of_measurement: 'Watt'

energy_generation:
          {% set eg = state_attr('sensor.pvoutput', 'energy_generation') %}
          {{ '0' if eg == 'NaN' else '{:.2f}'.format(eg|float/1000) }}
        friendly_name: 'Generated'
        unit_of_measurement: 'kWh' 

fronius_house_load_pos:
         value_template: "{{ (states('sensor.fronius_house_load') |float) | abs }}"

and all values I recover from smartmeter and inverter y an reply post (I am newbie)

THANS AGAIN¡¡¡¡

Captura de pantalla 2021-06-16 a las 15.39.48

I have two counters, grid_consumed and grid_sold working fine.

I think you might have missed something for the smartmeter configuration. Below is mine.

ip_address: !secret fronius_host
  smartmeter: True
  smartmeter_device_id: 0
  powerflow: True
  power_units: 'W'
  units: 'kWh'

I try your code, only main change is power in Watts instead KW.

If I use Watts all is working fine :slight_smile: but now I should learn how to avoid decimals in both left cards.

Ok now i recall what was the problem. The default sensors are showing in Watts instead of kW. Therefore, if you want them to show up in kW you cannot use the default sensors. You will have to create another sensor and convert it to kW first.

it seems all it is working fine now. I change some rounds in sensor.py and in fronius.house_load_pos to avoid decimals

So, Watts are integers and Energy with 1 decimal.

Hi Marcus,

Did you resolve the problem with System option at scope position? When I put this option in configuration all Fronius entities become unavailable.

Hi Jurand,
I’m trying to remember what I did exactly. Below is my current working config.
The issue was with the physical Fronius inverter’s configuration - not HA.

I emailed Fronius support and they remotely changed something on the actual inverter’s data logger.

sensor:
    ip_address: 192.168.0.xxx
    powerflow: True
    power_units: kW
    units: kWh    
    smartmeter: true
    smartmeter_device_id: 0

Thanks for your answer. I will check your configuration first, if it doesn’t work I contact Fronius.

Is there any major advantage of using fronius_inverter instead of the fronius platform?

I just installed an array of PV panels paired with a Fronius Primo inverter. I’m now in the process of configuring my Home Assistant to fetch the data of the power production.
I’m using the fronius platform and the names of the sensors that are automatically generated are a bit cumbersome, with the http_IP on it.
Is there a way to rename these sensors? I cannot do it on the GUI as these are read only entities, and the core.entity_registry file does not have these entities either.